Powder Puff has been relocated to Glen Helen.

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by bajababe73, Oct 1, 2013.

1. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

More Pwder Puff Race will be relocated at the Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino. Short course Track.. Practice open Friday and Saturday day. TECH is Saturday from 4-9pm.. Race Sunday!! Way to go Girls..
  2. ndvalium

ndvalium Rescue Director

Great job to all of you for making it happen.
  3. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

Correction Practice run Saturday not Friday. Tech all Day Saturday. The parking lot will be open Friday morning from 8am-10pm. Saturday 6am-10pm.
  4. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

From Holli Dodge Bechard
    LADIES RACING TOWARDS A CURE UPDATE: FINAL ok everyone I will finalize a schedule, I'm sure you have heard that we were able to get with Lori (my best buddy) and she is helping us with the race this weekend. Here is what I have so far: The track will consist of 6 miles, lucas track, part of the national track and the REM track, The official schedule (I might change a little) but Friday move in 8am-10pm, we will be parking (camping) in the truck track area, like where the lucas pits are, Saturday (times to be determined) we will have tech/contingency, DJ, BBQ Vendors, Raffle, drivers meeting. During Saturday the cars will be able t...o go out onto the lucas track to get a little fill of it and towards the end of the day around 2pm the 6 mile track will open up for you to run the whole lap. (this will be a controlled practice, not to run over the slower cars). Sunday, we will race, group 1 will go out first (time TBD) and group 2 after (time TBD). I have a track walk scheduled for tomorrow morning with Jim and we will finalize it more tomorrow. But this is it, all day to do but with the help of Julie Pierce we were able to come up with a solution. Thanks everyone for your patience but this will be awesome. Glen Helen needs to be thanked, I so greatly appreciated what she is doing for us and what I plan to do in the future..
  5. GlamisGurlie

GlamisGurlie goddess like

6. GlamisGurlie

GlamisGurlie goddess like

7. 450grl

450grl Well-Known Member

I'd break out the SR1 and have a hayday on this track if I wasn't committed to the Offroad Expo!

Good luck ladies!
  8. coilover88

coilover88 Active Member

9. pjc

pjc Chairman

10. CZRMAG

CZRMAG Member

Dont know if this has been posted. What about those who are spectating? Do they need to pay an admission fee? I hope this race turns out good and maybe there will be more races at Glen Helen, maybe a 24 hour race.
  11. LSL_RACING

LSL_RACING Member

12. oldman dirt

oldman dirt Well-Known Member

if it the normal lucas fees for spectating its 10.00 for the weekend and that includes camping fee.plus 10.00 per person....cheap
  13. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

The course is a six mile look utilized by the Baja Cup. it is not short course.
    The tentative schedule is tech Saturday from 8-2. Drivers meeting at three. Utv and class elevens from 4-6. Barbecue and raffle from 630-930. Sunday four heats 730-930 ..10-12..1230-230..3-5..
  14. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

We will have a formal
    Release in the morning
  15. lem111

lem111 Member

What if we have like 12 rvs coming? can we all camp together or is it packed in and 1st come 1st serve?
  16. TJERGENSEN

TJERGENSEN Active Member

Ladies, racing at glen helen's 6 mile course is 10 times better than racing anything in barstow. it's gets whoops, has jumps and turns, dezert sections, watered section, short course, and if they do it with heats it will be safer too. shirley would go thru a complete set of brakes because they grouped the her with slower classes. i know you all will have a great time.. save the ta tas
  17. pjc

pjc Chairman

This sounds like fun but, it won't work for us. We needed driver and co-driver changes for our gals. We do it that way every year. I am wondering, if the slime balls in DC suddenly come to term, would the race move back to Barstow?

Gawd, I hate our government.. We need a viable, 3rd party so very badly.
  18. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

Even if the government reopened the race this year will now be held at Glen Helen. The course markers have already been taken down. You can bring as many RVs as you like but if you want them all to be together you should plan on coming together as spots will be on a first come basis. There will be no holding spots or large areas for your team members. A formal statement involving the details will be released tomorrow. I hope everyone can rember what this race is about and stay focused on the positives.
  19. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

There will be a hot pit where you can change drivers every lap
    If you want.
  20. bajababe73

bajababe73 Member

There will be a hot pit where you can change drivers every lap
    If your team wants. I will personally be changing drivers every thirty minutes. An average lap
    Should take between seven to fifteen minutes.