R.I.P. Frank Orozco

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by norris1040, May 12, 2008.

1. norris1040

norris1040 Member

He was like a family member to us we called him uncle Juilo that was a joke between our neighborhood and he will be missed dearly. Frank passed away of a massive heart attack early sunday ( mothers day ) morning. He was a long time F.A.I.R. member and a long time friend to all of us. God speed Frank from the Norris Family
  2. Bill

Bill Carlos Danger

Wow we sure are losing alot of racers lately.Frank was a great pit pearson.I knew Frank from F.A.I.R. and Parkhouse racing.Sorry to hear.R.I.P. Frank
  3. Lucho

Lucho Well-Known Member

I spoke with Gilbert this afternoon and he informed me that they were having the services for Frank in Ensenada with family this evening. He also added that they are planning services in Bell Gardens, CA this coming Thursday. Our communication went bad at that moment (he in Ensenada and me going through the canyon on the 210 Fwy), but I hope to hear from him tomorrow with more details. The family has had very rough times with Rosie passing a couple of months back and now Frank. Please pray for the entire family. Thanks.
  4. dsms motorsports

dsms motorsports Member

When Heather called me this morning to tell me the horrible news about once again another lose in our family my mind went blank no thoughts no words just not understanding what just happened. Frank always came buy to say hi and laughed with us at every race. A prayer for his family. Frank we will always love you and keep you in our hearts. Frank is in heaven with Pat Gorrell too very close people once together again. Frank you will be missed by all. GOD SPEED TO A GREAT MAN.

Jenn/Tony #132 (Damzl)
  5. Desert_Roller

Desert_Roller Member

This just blows me away, a friend, a father, a hard working man, willing to help anyone anywhere, a racers racer.

Via con dios my friend

Attached Files:

6. Desert_Roller

Desert_Roller Member

Here is a shot of Frank from the 2003 Baja 1000

Attached Files:

7. Lucho

Lucho Well-Known Member

Services for Frank Orozco will be Thursday evening, 5 p.m. viewing, 7:30 p.m. Rosary and 9 p.m. reception at:
    Allan English Estrada Funeral Services, 6435 S. Eastern Ave., Bell Gardens, CA 90201 - Tel. # 323.773.3547.

One other sad note. Yesterday Frank's brother Gilbert and sister Maria (Lolly) returned late from the Ensenada services. They split up, each to go to their respective homes. Lolly, three signals from her house, fell asleep and hit a light pole. She and her daughters are at St. Francis Hospital in Lynwood. It's incredible what this family is going through at the moment. What can anyone say? Gilbert Orozco is just besides himself.
  8. NUTZNBOLTZ

NUTZNBOLTZ Member

I Had The Great Pleasure Of Meeting Him About 6 Years Ago When I Would Go Down To Baja With The Sacks/parkhouse/bowman/voyles Crew. I Have Done About 6 Baja Races With Him Pitting/prepping/chasing. I Feel Honored To Have The Known The Man. He Was Like My Dad In Baja. He Was The One That Showed Me Everything I Had To Do And Not To Do In Racing And In Mexico. He Knew So Many People And He Always Stopped And See If Anyone Needed Any Help. He Always Had Cold Beer In The Cooler And A Bed For Me To Stay In At The Compound. He Will Be Very Missed In The Offroad Family. When I Think Of Baja And Offroad Racing, I Will Always Think Of Frank. Rip.
  9. 5_guy

5_guy Member

Upland, CA. Parker,AZ. ST. Catherines, Ontario
    This has been a huge shock to all of us that raced together. Frank was not only a team member but a true brother, a brother that I will miss so very much. I am sure that Frank is there with his Mom & Dad sharing a few laughs. Miss you big guy.
  10. Desert Fabrications

Desert Fabrications New Member

2007 Baja 1000. Remembering Frank as we knew him best. R.I.P.

Attached Files:

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  11. RIVERS

RIVERS New Member

Will miss big Frank....an excepional guy...(Friend) that I will miss. Best times ever at Franks place (the Compound) in Ensanada. First time my son and I meet frank was at his place in Ensanada and he treated us like he had know us for forever. He was the type of guy that would give you the shirt of his back if you needed it. A great pit partner and drink'in buddy. Made us all laugh alot...****.. gonna miss him. MIKE & LAYTON
  12. sidekicker

sidekicker RIP Lusk & Ox

we will pray for Frank Orozco and give his family Spirit and soul god bless I am sure that Frank is there with his Mom & Dad watch frank orozco in heaven from the desert assassins familys
  13. TUMBLEWEED MOTORSPORTS

TUMBLEWEED MOTORSPORTS New Member

FRANK WAS THE MAN! From the moment you met Frank you were welcomed unconditionally. He had a way of having a great time and making fun of every situation. BAJA has lost more than a friend but an awesome family! MOM and FRANK will always be part of some of my fondest memories of racing mexico. Frank can never be replaced or duplicated and will always be a friend to many. His laugh and smile is something that will be remembered for ever. The OROZCO COMPOUND is a place where friends and family came together for a common goal and a certain kind of bond that could never be replaced. When I think of racing or Mexico I think of Frank, Mom and all of the many friends that he made part of his life. He will always be remembered by many and never forgotten. Thank you Frank for everything you have done for me and my friends you are part of memories that I could never forget!

Sincerely

Brian Hudson (Tumbleweed)

Attached Files: