Rally Fighter to race the Parker 425

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by buddy crisp, Feb 1, 2011.

1. buddy crisp

buddy crisp Member

Yes it is true the Local Motors Rally Fighter will be competeing in the Parker 425 this weekend. The car will be racing under the WILDCARD racing colors and will be driven by myself, Buddy Crisp and by Brendan Fikes. We will have cars at contingency and at the main pit for all to see, come on by and say Hi and wish us luck on our debut race in Best in the Desert
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. CHASETHISTOO

CHASETHISTOO Active Member

What class you guys running in?
  3. bajaherbie

bajaherbie Active Member

i think one was sold on barett-jackson for $100.000.......
  4. Price

Price Member

I knew I recognized that car they sold one at this years Barrett Jackson Scottsdale. What's engine is underneath that car? Good luck out at Parker I cant wait to get there been waiting all week to watch the races.
  5. buddy crisp

buddy crisp Member

For this race we are running it in the sportsman open class #1841. We have talked to Casey and we are working towards a class for these cars. For this race since we will only have one car entered it is going to be us against the prerunners, I think it will be a good show watch for us. We will have two cars on display during contingency and be offering rides........after all these cars are street legal beasts!!!
    Yep herbie you are correct that car did sell at Barett-Jackson for 100,000 grand. Come by our booth for the parker 425 special........talk to Ari or Sarah you'll be glad you did.
  6. buddy crisp

buddy crisp Member

LS-3 v-8 all aluminum chevrolet 435 ponies.........and it is tipping the scales at 3,750lbs........and wait until you hear that tuned stainless steel exhaust!!!!! it is awesome
  7. Price

Price Member

Nice well when I am at contingency I will probably hear the cars exhaust. How much travel does the car get?
  8. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

Cool car for sure, very curious to see how competitive it is on the race course.
  9. Zambo

Zambo Well-Known Member

Interested to see how that Watts link in the rear holds up after time.
  10. Dewey

Dewey New Member

Good to hear Buddy! I will be looking for you guys and come and say hi!

-Trevor
  11. buddy crisp

buddy crisp Member

Yes we all are Kartman........that is part of the reason for throwing the "hat in the ring"..........Just have your camera ready......I know we will be purcha$ing some pics of it inagural event for sure.

Hey here is another video of the car in action testing in Barstow.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZQNbV_W-aw

Thus far with all of our testing no troubles with the Watts Link.......(knocking on wood now)
  12. AZ45

AZ45 Active Member

Thats cool, I just figured out what that big building in Chandler was...I'm pretty sharp.

Let us know if you need anything for tech.
  13. spalind

spalind Well-Known Member

The second Rally Fighter on hand going to be the diesel BMW one that was first off their production line?
  14. ACME

ACME Well-Known Member

Was this the same car testing on Sunday? The one that was driving reckless on the access roads and running head on at vehicles who we're doing 5 mph on the main access road at Outlet Center in Barstow? The same one that was stopped by a team and explained to that there is a speed limit on access roads and that you should test in that big open desert to the right an left and not on the traveled road especially when cars with families are coming down the road? The same one that said he didn't know the rules but had seen stuff on the internet and apologized, then continued to do the same exact thing? If not I apologize... FYI, it's not safe to run head on at @ 60ish, at cars on an access road given the precarious nature of our sport and if it was the same car I guess you guys are just "special"? Special; kinda like the dorks in the black prerunner truck that had to run up and down the road "testing" at speed. Here's your card...

My comments are mine alone and should not reflect on those I pit and race with...
    (+1) 1 person likes this.
  15. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

Hey Jeff where was this witnessed???

I used to run a speed run down outer hodge to get an idea of top speed and to warm everything up then hit the outer hodge loop hard to do setup.

whenever I did the speed run my father/crew chief was on the radio letting me know I was clear to start, if any bystanders came up the road he would instantly let me know to shut it down and cruise... it usually took 3 or 4 runs to get a clean un-obstructed run...
  16. Ryan_P

Ryan_P Well-Known Member

Sunday, in Barstow off Outlet Center.

Car looked like it worked well up and down main for being just that, a car. Sounded saweeeeeet too.
  17. randy68

randy68 Well-Known Member

Probably outta invest$$ in a helmet, or, maybe even 2....
  18. ACME

ACME Well-Known Member

Witnesses: Lots of eyes including the drivers/passengers in the 2 trucks he came head on toward... then @ 10 or so who watched the car keep ricky racing on the road with the black linked truck. It was soo cool! Randy68 is right: The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
  19. buddy crisp

buddy crisp Member

Yep, that guy was me, and like I told you when I stopped and talked to you, I did not know that was a speed controlled road. I apoligised and I did not run that road anymore that day at all. I went over to the race course with the markers on it like you suggested. I actually left about 30 mins. after talking you and personally never "rickey racered" with the black linked truck. I was just out there doin some shaking down of the vehicle, and again like I said on Sunday. Thank you for letting me know that was a speed controlled road I have been testing vehicles out there for the last twenty years and I did not know it was speed controlled. Like I said on Sunday, maybe we as an off road community need to put some signs up to let folks know. If you are going to be at Parker come by and talk to me again maybe together we can help and come up with a constructive way to help our mutual cause. My name is just like my avitar Buddy Crisp and I will be there all weekend.
    (+2) 2 people like this.
  20. Lord Green

Lord Green Member

Buddy, I will be pitting at Mineral Wash for the 1596 team with green x's up. I will look for you at tech.;