1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Ranger Brake lines

Discussion in 'Shop - Miscellaneous' started by Kritter, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Kritter

Kritter Krittro Campbell

I have almost all my parts to start on my front end but I was told that because I swapped over to the forged beams on my 1991 Ranger that I would have to make custom brake lines because the calipers are different. Is that true? I was told that everything is a match except for the spindles and ball joints. Let me know what brakelines you guys who switched over to the forged beams used. Or did you make your own?

Thanks

2. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

4 wheel parts Wholesalers carry some killer steel braided brake lines for rangers. They are extra long for higher trucks too. It is a set of 2 fronts and a rear, and i think they cost around 65 bucks, but I wouldnt take that as gospel. I dont know if they will work on your truck, but when I lifted mine, the stock ones wouldnt work, but these worked great. it has been a couple of years since i sold my ranger, but I am sure they still carry them. they seemed to be a popular item. hope this is any help.

3. Kritter

Kritter Krittro Campbell

JImmy Did you swap out the cast front end for a forged one? Brakelines are not a problem to get but teh guy is telling me that the old calipers on the newer trucks do not have an extended brake line available. Thats what I am trying to find out.
    Thanks

4. BIG_FAT_LOSER

BIG_FAT_LOSER Active Member

Is there a differance in the ends? Threads, flare? Do the existing lines thread on? If they do just get them longer.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>

5. drtdevil93

drtdevil93 Active Member

go to TMR, if they dont have it, it doesnt exist

erik

6. Junior

Junior Active Member

For those of us that are mentally challenged, please tell us, who is TMR?

Thanks in Advance!

Junior
    EJR Racing #244

7. gary

gary Active Member

tmr is a brake line/fuel line/braided line/whatever else you can think of like that guru here in so cal. he seems to know almost everything about the stuff. my experience with him, you ask?? well, he wipped up a set of longer brake lines for my toyota in like 15 minutes for way cheap. also, did brake lines for my friend's chevy fullsive truck, to replace a set of leaky ones that were brand new in his brand new disc brake kit. also, the place is like a minute from the baja shop. this is not a paid endorsement, he just rocks. unfortunately, i can't think of his name at the moment.