1. Forum membership has its advantages....

RDC's CODE Class 11 challenge video. Trophy Truck drivers in class 11's!

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Curtis Guise, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Curtis Guise

Curtis Guise Administrator

Just finished this last night. Enjoy!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="588" height="361" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdKdKD6MK9M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Dezertpilot

Dezertpilot Well-Known Member

Excellent video! Thanks for that.

3. Hardway

Hardway Member

Ya that was a sweet video..

4. zpoyly

zpoyly Member

it was a wild and crazy race, i had a blast, but what a bummer, cause i didn't know bob shepard was participating in this race,i got something to say to you: -"i am still waiting for what you promise me 6 years ago, when i helped you out in that reverse direction baja 500 in a very tricky and technical section a couple of miles behind Mikes Sky Ranch, never the lest you became Season Champion in that year"-. you can still clean your act and dont you worry no hard feelings mi amigo

5. stokessdca

stokessdca Active Member

awesome video ! good job curtis

6. harleys dad

harleys dad Well-Known Member

1158 Hendrickson McNeil You can tell the only 11 from the states by 2 ways, the number plate on the roof and all the windows. Finished about 12 seconds behind first for 2nd place in heat 1 and was right on the rear bumper of the leader in heat 2 when the pin on the front shock on the passenger side broke and then the stop failed and then the ball joint broke about 1/4 mile after the shock BUT 1158 redeemed its self at BATTLE AT PRIMM the following weekend by winning the first heat on Saturday but on Sunday about 1/2 or so way around the last lap the pin on the drivers side broke while comfortably leading the race but this time the ball joint stayed with the car as I re enforced the stops during the week and 1158 was pounded with out mercy with out the front shock something I have never done before and won the weekend for the 2nd year in a row. Having raced class 11 cars for over 36 years off and on I can say with out a doubt they are so fun to race, especially in large numbers like the class is enjoying now, the ride would blow your mind and now we are out pushing the 5/1600 cars and a large % of the class 9 cars out of the way at Primm!!! Instead of dreaming about racing something you cant afford, why not make it a reality and race class 11?? Class 11 is so darn cheap to race and maintain, and the average speeds they are running is unreal. Taking it easy after taking the lead on Saturday we averaged about 43MPH! at BAP About 6mph off the 1600 winner! in a full bodied Volkswagen beetle lol Great Video Curtis, what the TT drivers neglected to say is they would not and did not come close to doubling the speed of the class 11 cars in their TTs with all the hundreds of thousands spent on them LoL

7. chadrag2

chadrag2 Active Member

I am so glad I had the opportunity to be involved in this race. The Class 11 owner, Ernesto Martinez, is a class act and his son is a wonderful driver. We really wanted to do well, and I am happy to have finished 3rd in my heat. I know my dad and Bob Shepard also had a blast, and if invited, we will all be back next year!