RGM Dakar Rental Program for 2013 - FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Rally Raid' started by Head_Held_High, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Head_Held_High

Head_Held_High Member

26417813DakarRenta.jpg

2013 Team SPEED/RGM Dakar HUMMER Vehicle & Rental Program FOR SALE:

Rental Program: Includes vehicle, team, spares, equipment, entry, etc to run the 2013 Dakar Rally. Turn-key Operation. Put yourself in the driver's seat! Become teammates with Robby Gordon for the 2013 Dakar Rally and race one of the fastest cars ever to run the Dakar. Rental Program total for $1,500,000.00 USD.

Vehicle for SALE: A package to buy just the vehicle ONLY is also an option. The Dakar HUMMER that has won the 2012 Mexican 1000 and two Dakar Stages in 2012 is for sale for $1,000,000.00 USD. This is for the race vehicle ONLY - comes prepped and ready to race.

ALL SERIOUS POTENTIAL BUYERS PLEASE CONTACT 704-949-1255 or email [email protected] for more information.

Time is limited on entry to the 2013 Dakar Rally but the vehicle can be bought at anytime. Please see the attached PDF presentation for more information on the 2013 Dakar Rally Rental Program.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. mattb

mattb Active Member

****Cough***. One million dollars??? ****cough****
  3. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Active Member

Im gonna wait, bet it will be cheaper after Christmas.
  4. 9five9

9five9 Active Member

Holy balls. I know that thing is amazing, but daaaaaaaang! 1.5 mil to be potentially competitive one time at the dakar? A million to buy the vehicle? And we wonder why more Americans don't race the Dakar. I think it's obvious.
  5. Roice

Roice Member

Should have done it sooner as a black friday deal.
  6. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

why would anyone rent the thing if they could buy it for a half million cheaper?
  7. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Because it will cost a good half million to actually go and race it. Dakar isn't cheap.
  8. Offspring

Offspring Well-Known Member

I agree with PD, the logistics, including getting the ride there, all the associated BS to get the car inspected including the blessing on the inflation system, parts, support, media. The interesting comment was "teammate to Robby". Could that be an expensive water carrier? Of course with the buy in to the team you would expect that, I've got to think though, if RG ran into trouble which this team car could not adequately deal with on course, and it put RG way behind, I'd have to think RG would then provide support for this car to the finish. The contract for this deal would probably be very complicated with all scenarios worked out ahead of time. Lean and mean is fine, but another car on track is a big deal. Like to see someone qualified, step up for this, but time is very short. BTW, Yes, you will need a passport to enter the country.
  9. 9five9

9five9 Active Member

I read somewhere that it costs 10 grand just to get a license for the Dakar, and every team member needs one. Puts a little more into perspective what level this race is at.
  10. Jeepspeedster

Jeepspeedster Member

[video=youtube;-DJtHL3NV1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJtHL3NV1o[/video]
  11. JPBart

JPBart Well-Known Member

Well at least now I know but there is no way I would even suggest this to anyone I liked that had that much cash to burn. I am a Robby fan but that's clearly not geared towards someone looking for the Dakar adventure.
  12. Short Bus

Short Bus Well-Known Member

Remember, It only costs you the 1.5 m if you don't have a sponsor. It seems like a good opportunity for a sponsor to get a lot of exposure piggybacking off RGs media coverage.
  13. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

OK who wants to float me 1.5 million so I can use this as a press vehicle for Dakar? I promise lots of RDC updates.
  14. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I'm in for $500 for ya.
  15. BoothPacific Films

BoothPacific Films Well-Known Member

$1.5m seems like a pretty good deal for everything included. great international exposure for a company looking for eyeballs.
  16. Desert Dog

Desert Dog Active Member

I would be very tempted, but I do have concerns about the fan belt issues. :D
    1 person likes this.
  17. RYAN COHEE

RYAN COHEE Well-Known Member

Belt issue that Nasser had was due to down shifting twice and to many rpm for belt to stay on..Yes the hummer has a rev limiter but the sequential transaxle will allow the engine to turn way to many rpms kicking any belt off...Engine controler history view proved it after the stages were over....Nasser wont listen to anyone and thats way he had most of the issues...Example is that just about every stage his car needed new brakes and Robbie used the same set for most of the ralley:) I think the 1.5 mill is a deal for a show up and drive experience...
  18. Desert Dog

Desert Dog Active Member

What? Not only do we have belt issues, but now the brakes could be suspect?

That's it, count me out. :D;)
  19. Hog Wild

Hog Wild Active Member

It's not a "license", it's the per-person entry fee. Every competitor and every crew member pays approximately that amount. Then there's the race vehicle entry fee and each crew vehicle also has an entry fee, I think around $8K. There are often seats available in some crew vehicles that anyone can buy. For only around $15K (entry fee plus vehicle seat fee) YOU can go to Dakar as a tag-along, hang out in the bivouac, and sleep in a tent.
  20. cradle2grave racing

cradle2grave racing New Member

Ya know, 1.5M really isn't that much when you consider that a lot of the big guys in off-road will spend that much all for Baja 1000. I remember hearing that when the Herbst's were in their prime they'd spend something like 4 million to have two cars in the Baja after total prep, pre running, crew including semi's and helicopters... Racing is an expensive sport! I think the 1.5 million should include the vehicle after the ally is over though. Just as a pure rental the 1.5 is a little steep.