1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby & Speed Energy partner with BigFoot

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by NIKAL, Mar 15, 2012.

1. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

March 15, 2012 (Charlotte, NC) – What is another form of racing that Robby Gordon can mark off his impressive list of racing series? If you guessed monster trucks, you guessed correctly. Robby Gordon Motorsports and SPEED Energy have formed a partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc., owner of the most well –known monster truck in the United States.

NASCAR and Off-Road racer, Robby Gordon, and BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. have entered into a multi-year agreement beginning with the 2012 season. The addition of the monster truck, built at Gordon’s race shop in Charlotte, NC, will be the nineteenth chassis in the line-up of BIGFOOT trucks.

Gordon’s energy drink company, SPEED Energy, will be the co-primary sponsor of the monster truck. “This partnership with BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc. is a big step for our company. It opens the door to market SPEED Energy to a new demographic. Being featured as a sponsor on the truck is just one element to the relationship, we will also be selling SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 diecasts, t-shirts, hats and other merchandise,” says Gordon. During the first year of the agreement the monster truck will be used primarily for display purposes. From there the truck will participate in events, with the possibility of Gordon being behind the wheel. “I’m excited about the opportunity to drive the SPEED Energy/BIGFOOT #19 monster truck. We built the truck a few years ago and we’ve played around with it, but actually competing in events would be a lot of fun,” Gordon remarks.

“We are really looking forward to teaming up with Robby and Speed Energy! Robby and Bob Chandler go back to the early days when both teams were Ford sponsored. Robby’s dynamic outlook and his racer’s mentality fit right in with the BIGFOOT way of life! Be on the lookout for a whole line of Robby Gordon’s Speed Energy/BIGFOOT #19 merchandise,” says Bob Trent, Vice President of Sponsorships & Business Development at BIGFOOT 4x4, Inc.

Attached Files:

2. ChromolyKid

ChromolyKid Well-Known Member

Been waiting for this... I'd love to see what RG can do in a sport where destroying equipment is a good thing!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  3. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

Interesting... So he's got the big three all but covered. You would think a single manufacturer would grab all this attention up.

4. bomber

bomber Active Member

This truck is going to run a bow tie body.

Another different element is that this "Bigfoot" is actually RG's CRD chassis, as opposed to the typical PEIs the team has used forever.

I'm stoked to see this partnership and hope it turns out great, and also hope RG does at some point do a race or two behind the wheel.

Hey Fly, nevermind about the PM. :D

5. Kolman

Kolman Member

The picture on Planet Robby is definitely a ford body.

6. dezertdoug

dezertdoug Member

Now we will get another section in RDC forum "MONSTER TRUCK RACING" or would it be easier to just have a RG section.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  7. bomber

bomber Active Member

They don't have 19 completed yet. The pictures, like the one in the op are actually of Bigfoot 18 with a computer rendered orange Speed paint job.

8. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

As a Chevy guy myself, it seems sort of sacrilegious to use anything but a Ford body on something with the Bigfoot name. haha

I made my assumption that Chandler was still Ford after reading this (since Bigfoot is Ford based) but RG is not... along with the above pic, but you are probably correct.

“We are really looking forward to teaming up with Robby and Speed Energy! Robby and Bob Chandler go back to the early days when both teams were Ford sponsored."

9. AZracefan

AZracefan Active Member

RG do good in freestyle!

10. NicksTrix

NicksTrix Well-Known Member

so chandler's group is finishing the truck up and it will be a show truck for this year from what i'm reading.
    i take it chandler will be handling the hauling the thing around end of things, rgm handling selling the merchandizing end..

hope the deal goes well and not end up in a lawsuit like some of rgm's other deals...

11. conejoracer

conejoracer Member

All RG, all the time. Great idea!

12. matt_helton

matt_helton Racer

monster trucks are waaay cooler than trophy trucks. one more week till vegas!!!

RG will be fun to watch, especially when he gets broke off by ryan anderson for the first time. :)

13. bomber

bomber Active Member

Matt, what day are you going? Wed they are having the trucks parade down The Strip for the first time ever. I won't be out there until Friday, so I'm going to miss it, but if you're there, be sure to check it out. I bet you're super pumped for the Digger 30th anniv. encore, huh!

As far as Bigfoot using a Chevy body, I too see it as sacrilegious, but seeing as Ford dropped Bigfoot's corporate sponsorship years ago and that Bigfoot used a Chevy body for the MLB deal, it's not as big of shock now. I still don't like it, but it's worth it to see RG getting involved with them. I'm curious to see if Bob likes the CRD enough to start using them for future trucks.

14. matt_helton

matt_helton Racer

we arent going out till thurs afternoon. gonna hit up freemont friday morning i think and then head over to the stadium around noon for the double down festivities and qualifying.

15. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

I know of a whole new market for SPEED that no other Energy Drink is addressing - huge potential!

16. matt_helton

matt_helton Racer

damon bradshaw is gonna be in the MONSTER ENERGY monster truck next weekend instead of the airforce afterburner.

17. bomber

bomber Active Member

Damon's been in it all season. Been doing well too.

[​IMG]

18. #75race

#75race Member

Little off-topic, but Damon Bradshaw also got a new CRD chassis mid-season. Should be interesting to see how he handles it in Vegas.

19. Mark Newhan

Mark Newhan Well-Known Member

The body on the RG monster truck looks like the Fiberwerx TT body. I hope it is!

20. bomber

bomber Active Member

I think it is. I never got an answer from Micah whether or not it was a knock off or if Bigfoot 4x4 Inc are now Fiberwerx customers. Micah, do you know?