Rocket/missle Over Baja Friday Night?

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by UTVUGRUSTY, Nov 21, 2010.

1. UTVUGRUSTY

UTVUGRUSTY Active Member

Did anyone see the rocket/missle over Baja on Friday night? We said something to weatherman and he said a couple saw it. I am glad it wasn't just us.
  2. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I saw it! That was freaky looking
  3. Zambo

Zambo Well-Known Member

Saw it too. WTF? Tried to take a picture of it but it didn't come out.
  4. LazyBoyRacer

LazyBoyRacer Member

Yup i saw it too.
  5. 43mod

43mod Active Member

my buddy has a picture.he was standing on the Alfonsinas front steps.i will see if he can post it
  6. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Sweet our big bottle rocket worked. I was hoping some people would see it.
  7. UTVUGRUSTY

UTVUGRUSTY Active Member

I got a picture of it also. Maybe the cartel has missiles now. We were driving north from LaPaz to Loreto when we crested a hill and saw it shooting accross the sky. I will try and find my photo.
  8. DOG ON

DOG ON RDC's illegal immigrant

Pics or it didnt happend
  9. rayrdz

rayrdz Member

Ok Ok I confess it was us...

Attached Files:

10. ChromolyKid

ChromolyKid Well-Known Member

Is that a koozie in the sand?? FOUL!
  11. Derek R

Derek R New Member

Ya we saw it too. Due West from Catavina. I tried to get a picture but it was totally out of sight in a matter of seconds..
  12. alloyz

alloyz Member

maybe it was a scud. We need the Patriot!
  13. Forty1Racing

Forty1Racing Well-Known Member

Blame it on the communists.. :eek:

Anyone have a picture?
  14. JPBart

JPBart Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the Chinese trying to send a message to Mexico that they better pay up on their huge national debt loans or else.....lol
  15. UTVUGRUSTY

UTVUGRUSTY Active Member

The picture I have just looks black. It was gone by the time I could pull over and get the camera out. It may show up on the Go Pro we were running on the chase truck. I have to watch the file. The weatherman had people radio him about it also. It looked really cool leaving a long white trail of stuff falling towards the ground.
  16. RocketMan

RocketMan Member

11/18/2010 - LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- The launch of a Minotaur IV rocket as the twenty-sixth dedicated small launch vehicle mission named STP-S26 for the Department of Defense's Space Test Program is scheduled for liftoff at 4:24 p.m., AST, Nov. 19 from Kodiak Launch Complex, LP1 in Kodiak, Alaska.

A team of Air Force, NASA, contractor, and Alaska Aerospace Corporation representatives are preparing for STP's most complex mission in over 20 years. This mission will advance the state-of-the-art of space technologies which will enhance military operational capability and further our scientific knowledge across the DoD.

The S26 mission is directed by the Department of Defense Space Test Program and implements a number of capabilities aimed at enabling responsive space access for small experimental satellites and payloads.

S26 has seven distinct firsts. These include: The first flight of the STP Standard Interface Vehicle; the first use of Multi-Mission Satellite Operations Center, Ground System Architecture; the first flight of the Minotaur IV Multi-payload Adapter; first use of the Hydrazine Auxiliary Propulsion System to assist the Minotaur IV in obtaining a dual orbit; the first Minotaur IV cubesat deployment; the first cubesat deployed from a free flying EELV Secondary Payload Adapter satellite and the first launch of a Minotaur IV rocket from the Kodiak Launch Complex.

This mission is also a significant milestone for STP because it includes the 500th DoD Space Experiment Review Board experiment flown. The DoD Space Experiment Review Board sets annual payload priorities for the STP to manifest and launch. The S26 mission includes multiple research and development satellites carrying 11 SERB and 16 total experiments.

The SMC Space Development and Test Directorate, located at Kirtland Air Force Base, NM, has a wide spectrum of responsibilities for this mission. It is rarely seen where a single organization is so multi-hatted on a single mission. SDTD's responsibilities include satellite acquisition and payload integration, launch vehicle procurement, range services procurement, ground system development, and on-orbit ops. They will also be providing leadership, oversight, and resource support.

Media representatives interested in knowing more about the S26 mission can contact the Space and Missile Systems Center Public Affairs office at

714-390-3876 or send an email to [email protected]

Watch launch preparation activities via webcast at

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/minotaur/stps26/status.html

Get the latest Los Angeles Air Force Base news at www.losangeles.af.mil

'Space and Missile Systems Center - Building the Future of Military Space Today'
  17. RocketMan

RocketMan Member

18. teamgreen

teamgreen Member

So, this jus' leaves the launch west of Catalina a week earlier that looked a helluva lot like an SLBM.

I'm jus' sayin'...
  19. 01_el_tiburon

01_el_tiburon Bait Fish

More likely the US natoinal debt, your about to start eating chop suey for breakfast !!
    1 person likes this.
  20. 4x4nutz

4x4nutz Well-Known Member