1. Forum membership has its advantages....

SNORE / Dethrone Socal 250 Volunteer Rollcall

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by dwasser, Apr 22, 2011.

1. dwasser

dwasser Well-Known Member

Lets hear it. Whos volunteering for the biggest race Plaster City has ever seen. We still need lots of volunteers for check points, road crossings, and retrieval / rovers.

If you are planning on volunteering please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Let them know what you are driving, how many people in your group, if you have a radio, and your shirt sizes. (Limit 4 shirts per group)

I've seen the current list and am excited to see some familiar faces come May. Also excited and looking forward to hearing a very familiar voice working the radios. Can you say "DRIVE Main, do you copy?"

Chime in guys. You are all heros and we appreciate what you are doing to keep this race safe, fun, and fair. Some of the best for sure. \m/

I'm in. All in?

2. TreyP

TreyP "F" you Bill

Doug count me in. Have all that is needed and in for the fun. Wish I could race it but it is what it is.

3. chuckput

chuckput Member

I know you know Doug that we have already made contact with the SNORE volunteer coordinator. I can't wait. I am convinced it is going to be great weather for the race. May doesn't always mean heat in the IV. Hopefully SNORE will recruit Brian and Amy (and Hank) to deliver popsicles to all the course workers.

4. dwasser

Great. Please send an email off to let them know as soon as you can. I think I'm going old school and gonna be a retreival/ rover in the Super Duty. Gonna be out there all week before taking care of business. All I can say is that when the checkered drops for the last car it will be time for a cold one.

Thanks Trey and everyone else that is volunteering. Who's up for organizing a big breakfast for the volunteers Saturday morning. DRIVE style...Coffee. OJ, and those bad ass Costco danishes. LOL

5. dwasser

A little birdie told me Mr. Groff will be working one of the remote check points :)

6. C. Bucher

C. Bucher Active Member

Doug, I talked to the volunteer group and left an email about bringing a water truck and light tower out. Never did hear back though. Let me know if this was brought up to you. PM me if you can

7. baja_racer

baja_racer Active Member

When you get to the Y in the road, take it!!!
    Doug,
    I sure hope you get the "usual suspects" to work as rovers and retrieval...they are the best in the business and know Plaster City!!!

8. dwasser

Text sent. Thanks!

9. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

It looks like Chris Philo and I will be doing Retrieval in the big blue bronco...

10. TNT race photo

TNT race photo Active Member

Re: SNORE / Dethrone Socal 250 Volunteer Roll Call

Doug, Rory and i have a radio on board we would be more than happy to help out, spot,relay, marshal, anything we can do to help as we preform our other duties. :D

11. JRod

JRod fast-aid.org

Emailed Kyle Baker- looks like I'm bringing the family out for the day to do retrieval.

12. zoomlenz4u

zoomlenz4u Active Member

Doug email sent. So ready to take some pics and video and still prioritize the race's safety and discretion. thanks for all you have done to bring racing back to PC. seems like for ever since the last race we had. to much of a break.

13. esbyota

esbyota Member

Doug, Let me know if you need any help. I know Roman and I were planning on coming out to watch.

14. baja_racer

baja_racer Active Member

When you get to the Y in the road, take it!!!
    Doug,
    Can you confirm that rover 76 will be volunteering.......SNORE will need someone to retrieve ALL the race cars on race day!!!

15. tmathews

tmathews Well-Known Member

I also have done the email thing, more than once.. and text and phone call. Still waiting for an assignment...

DRIVE Spotter checking in!!

16. philofab

philofab Powered by Optima

Have patience. Kyle will get back to you, he has a lot on his plate and is waiting on other things to finalize before he hands out assignments.

17. tmathews

tmathews Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my phone call or email.... :(

18. DUNE DUMMY # 29

DUNE DUMMY # 29 Member

We volunteered & I received an email that we were a rover/retieval. I told them we will be in a Rhino, We have a radio but I can't really pull any cars out. We will be @ the registration on Friday 13, 2011.

19. dwasser

They had a board meeting tonight to go over status and a lot of other things for the race. Please let me know if you haven't heard back by Thursday. We definitely want your help.

20. dwasser

I believe he is racing the 9 car and helping one of the TT teams but he will have his eyes and ears on for sure.

We would love your help. Please email [email protected] with your info.

Thanks guys!