1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Sorry for mis representing class 10 and the eco-tec

Discussion in 'Class 10' started by B-Dub 1020, Jan 6, 2012.

1. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

It has been brought to my attention in an email that I have been bad for the class 10 racers and especially the eco-tec racers by a fuel and supposidly most engine guys. I'm sorry and just stated what I thought was fair and was trying to grow the class. Sorry everyone and I will stay out of class 10 issues and just come to races and race if thats what most of you want.Wish I would have been told sooner. Sorry I did not realize so many disliked me. Sorry everyone.

2. TScott

TScott Active Member

Don't let them get you down. I'm going to write you in for president.... I didn't see anybody else volunteering their time like you did.

3. TreyP

TreyP "F" you Bill

Really? I thought you were doing a great job of organizing the Class. I was getting stoked to get back into it. I don't know the drama you were subjected to, but keep up the good work. You got a lot of racers interested again.

4. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

Even though I plan on using a Ford in my SS, and dealing with what I will have to in doing so, I think that you have done alot to energize class 10, and honestly helped get me interested in moving up to 10, and frankly YOU are the guy that got PRO-10 really rolling. Keep the chin up buddy.

5. SicRic

SicRic Member

Hey I still like you Bill.......for now my friend......for now!!!! j/k

6. DBMETALWORX

DBMETALWORX Well-Known Member

We all know the reason the ecotec was chosen for an option. HP was close to that of a current class 10 motor program. Now, if the rule had of been any stock sealed motor from the start, most probably would've gone w/honda.. Now that so many have gotten the ecotec installed and the class is taking off again.. A few think it's cubic inch, not the original hp comparison. So if they get thier way, everyone w/ecotec would have to change AGAIN to be on the same level.. Good points have been made by both sides of the argument too. I think the new class should be a v-6 class, because if you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly.. See you guys @ Parker..

7. B-Dub 1020

Its all good and thanks for the nice words, I really am going to just sit back though and try and keep my mouth shut. ITS HARD FOR ME HAHA!! Really though if you guys want me to help with anything just ask but I dont think I need to initiate anything anymore and will stand behind the majority even if its not want I personally want.

8. B-Dub 1020

Thanks for all positive PM's and I really appreciate all the support. Moderators can you please go ahead and delete this thread for me Thanks!!

9. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

Bill dont give in to that bs.....

10. bpthirteen

bpthirteen Active Member

I have a class 5 car. I am building a new 10 car for several reasons.

#1 reason - no more race fuel! Tired of the hassle and the expense.
    #2 reason - no more expensive motor! Tired of paying for Type 4's and Type 4 maintainance.

I know there has been a lot of talk about class 10 rules, class 4000, different motor rules, etc. All I know is I love the idea of equally matched motors. If this is a drivers class, than you shouldn't need 10 more horsepower to beat the next guy. I really don't care what everyone decides to do at this point. I am just going to finish my car with a stock 2.4 ecotec and go have some fun.

Thanks Bill for your effort to help the class grow.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  11. fusionoffroad

fusionoffroad Well-Known Member

I like Bill.

12. DeanB

DeanB Member

This is BS that you feel this way. You only had the racers' best interest in mind. Don't pay attention to the engine builders and fuel suppliers; they have it backwards. Law of Supply and Demand rules. You want the racers to buy your product, then supply them with something they want. Don't try to modify the class just to sell your product. It will only hurt the class and revert it back to the class it was 5 years ago. Contrary to popular belief, Class 10 is a budget class. It doesn't matter why the class was created, a budget class is what it has become. Want proof? Look at the number of entries since the Ecotec was approved. And for all those Class 10 racers that are OK with paying for more expensive engines and fuel, they won't stay in Class 10 anyway. They will always be looking for more and will eventually step up in class.

13. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

DeanB you my friend have spoken the truth. The only ones who want to jack up class 10 have a financial agenda, and it doesn't include the racer's interests

14. JRV 511

JRV 511 Member

B-dub , don't listen to the BS , when ever somthing starts to go big there is always going to be someone that, for one reason or the other doesn't like it. You are doing this for racers , stay with it, and those that want to spend more money can in a whole lot of other classes