1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Spectator Spot for the Mint 400

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by redracer, Mar 24, 2010.

1. redracer

redracer New Member

Hello! I snuck into my husband's race-dezert account looking for information about a good spectator spot for the Mint this weekend. I can't find anything! I want to surprise my husband with a weekend getaway to watch the race but I don't know where to go. Help! Anybody? Thanks!

2. Fandango

Fandango Member

3. J Prich

J Prich Well-Known Member

With all due respect, that doesn't fully answer the question. The spectator areas are not laid out on the course map nor has anything been publicly annouced that I've seen. And for the record, I participated in that thread.

Jamie is obviously a busy woman but if anyone could chime in about what the scoop is for this year that would be fantastic. Assuming S/F and Apex are still open, but there was discussion of additional areas and a shuttle to transport to those areas and I'm sure folks would like to hear the details about that.

4. Manning

Manning Member

I know I would^^^^^

5. ARIZONAOFFROADTOYOTA

ARIZONAOFFROADTOYOTA New Member

at start and finish their are two spots with grand stands, jumps, coming into the pits and leaving the pits..

6. Fandango

Fandango Member

7. tcm glx

tcm glx Member

Where along the 15 FWY does this run..... south of vegas?

8. HDRA1

HDRA1 The Godfather

well if you get off at apex road first exit past the speedway heading north you will make a left turn under the I-15 follow it about 3 miles you will see a paved rd on the right turn there follow the road in and you will cross over the freeway and there is a spectator area about 3 miles down the road on the right get there early it is not a large area

9. locationsracing

locationsracing Active Member

the road you are talking about is called PABCO ROAD and the sign also says NCA #2 Black Mountain I travel this road twice a week you will see the spectator areas and pit D is along this road.

10. J Prich

J Prich Well-Known Member

I was at Apex last year at about 800am or so. By around 1ish they were actually turning people away because it was full and there was nowhere to park. In the afternoon I headed to S/F and actually hoofed it from there to maybe RM3 or 4 and hung out for a few hours.

Obviously those two locations still seem to be good to go. The piece that remains unresolved at this point is the shuttle to additional locations.

11. PAB

PAB 40's rock!

They re putting bleachers in at start finish and that will be a good show with the all new section they built right below it! I'm impressed.

12. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the positive feed back Cam, SNORE works their butts off to improve and listen to the racers. I think qualifying tomorrow morning will be awesome to. Its going to be like a minature desert race, no graded roads on this one!!!

13. PAB

PAB 40's rock!

FYI to all

Qualifying is not at start finish everyone. It is off Apex Nd then to Pabco road. It's where they used to start the SNORE 250

14. frito bandito

frito bandito New Member

we camped last year on friday night at the pabco road spectator area, we will still be able to do this right? can we have a fire too? I liked that spot because it was a nice loop right in front of us, watching all the big trucks slam that silty corner was great. Is the bleacher area going to be better?