1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Step up, you might just get that big break you have been waiting for!

Discussion in 'Pro 1600' started by Ramsey_ElWardani, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

Drivers of the best and the best drivers in a Tag Team Race to show what’s what.

Trophy Truck drivers drive the best equipment in the desert and it has been said that 1600 drivers are the best drivers in the desert.

It is time to put them together in a Tag Team Race and see what the Country Clubbers can do in a Pea Shooter and let the Trophy Truck racers see just how good these 1600 racers are.

Here’s how it works:
    The race will be the DRIVE WCT Townsel Memorial Presented by FiberwerX[/URL], held September 18th at Plaster City.
    This is a Night Race and the Trophy Truck drivers will start so we can see them in the daylight, 1600 racers will finish.

If you are a 1600 owner and you want to enter your car, post your name in the other thread.
    If you are a Trophy Truck driver and you want to race, post your name in the other thread.
    Use Private Messages to connect and make your agreements and then announce the team in the other thread
    You can also make private deals, but please announce your team in the other thread so everyone knows whose racing.

Let’s get some teams going – I can see some great side bets in the making!
    Roger Norman, are you ready to race my single seater?
    Cameron, is Bean crazy enough to let you race his rocket?
    I can see Cory Boyer and Curt LeDuc teaming up.
    Adam Pfankuch and Rob MacCachren – that’s not fair.
    Steven Eugenio and Pete Sohren – wow!
    Matt Gumz and BJ Baldwin – nutz.
    Corey Goin and Chad Ragland – civilized.
    Terry Tolbert and Robbie Pierce – dangerous.
    You get the idea – lets do this!
    Who is in?

2. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

Any TT Driver would be nuts not to come out and Drive, Drive #1600.....LOL
    I'm game, though.

3. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

We have a couple of top name Trophy Truck owner/drivers onboard for this with the idea floating around for just a few hours. I had the post in the General Desert section pulled until we get this nailed down a little, but would like to get some discussion here in the private 1600 forum, if anybody reads it anymore.

We were thinking it would be fun to put Trophy Truck drivers and 1600 drivers together in the same race in a 1600. This could be a lot of fun and a way to get some of the best driver (1600 racers) associated with the Trophy Truck racers, you never know where it might take you.

We will be looking to hype this, get some sponsor participation, video coverage and make a major event out of it - but it all starts with 1600 racers wanting in.

Are any of you 1600 racers interested?

Let's hear your thoughts on this.

4. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

I'm in as long as someone feels like throwing a little coin at my car to get it racing!!!??? any takers?

5. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

The DRIVE race is still on, but is being changed to a Laughlin/BAP style race on a course 10 to 15 miles long. This will be a great oppertunity to have the TT drivers do the first heat and the 1600 owners do the second. Let me know if you are interested as I have TT drivers that are looking for a ride.