1. Forum membership has its advantages....

STOLEN.....Race Trailer

Discussion in 'Look out !' started by GeoffMilke, Mar 22, 2007.

1. GeoffMilke

GeoffMilke Member

Our race trailer was stolen last weekend from Rancho Bernardo. It is a 28 ft enclosed Callen trailer..............very square corners, one side access door and rear ramp. It has a workbench and bathroom area.

It has stickers on all four sides that say "Look Up Racing" in red letters over a Brown cross.

There were at least 3 race radios, one intercom (brand new), two headsets (brand new), 8 or 1 boxes of spare parts, 3 Bell helmets, 2 shoei helmets, 5 racesuits (three have names on them (Geoff Milke, Tyler Milke, Annaleah Milke).

Craftsman tool box (the plastic one with 3 drawers)

So much other stuff.

I'm sitting here at Detroit Airport waiting for a flight home, so I'll post more info later, but if any of you guys sees anthing for sale that you think is odd let me know

Thanks to all of you

2. Sheaco

Sheaco Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Geoff, I'll keep my eye's open for it.

3. GeoffMilke

GeoffMilke Member

Sounds like the San Diego Police found our trailer (empty......though I havent seen it yet, maybe there is something still in it)

thanks for the tip Klaus

I'll post tomorrow (after I see it) on what condition it's in.

4. GeoffMilke

GeoffMilke Member

Well, it was my trailer. SDPD saw it parked on a street right off of Carmel Mtn. Rd in Penisquitos and had it towed. Most everything is gone from inside (even the food that was in the cabinets)

I think the thieves thought our race truck was inside the trailer, and heres why............if you were going to steal "stuff" from inside the trailer you would just break in and take the stuff.....you wouldn't risk driving a trailer (which had no licence plate) out of a yard and down the freeway. They obviously did not want the trailer because instead of cutting two padlocks off the rear ramp (they had boltcutters because they cut a padlock to get into the yard) they pried the side door open, destroying the door.

So, BEWARE...........these thieves were after my truck. Get LOJACK on your race vehicles and pre-runners. I have it on our truck, and will put it on our pre-runner ASAP

The most identifiable thing they stole was our race helmets.................3 Bell FA helmets with PCI wiring, and one Shoei. They are all pretty beat up. Keep your eyes open

5. Tipracer

Tipracer Well-Known Member

Bummer geoff, but it is better than having your truck stolen....
    To be sure this was someone who knows your routine, you and your truck are lucky that they don't know you well enough to know that you had the truck else where....
    lojack on the trailer/truck is an excellent idea...can you imagine those jack@SS's getting caught...unfortunately it seem that it is a trend lately that theives are taking the whole package as opposed to just breaking in to steal bits and pieces. Hope that your stuff shows up...was there anything special about your helmets and suits that might help identify them???

6. Brock_Beeson

Brock_Beeson Member

sorry to hear that geoff...

7. GeoffMilke

GeoffMilke Member

The three Bell helmets had names written on the back, down low, under the velcro for the dust skirt.......Geoff Milke, Tyler Milke, and Milke

They also took a brand new condition (never used) PCI intercom, two black headsets, and radio (it has our channels pre-programmed into it)