1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Texas torc

Discussion in 'Shortcourse Racing' started by InspectorGadget, Jan 5, 2012.

1. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget New Member

So i just watched my recorded episode of the pro-lite Texas race and i see that the #19 pro-lite of Corey Sisler was there. The only time they mentioned his name was when they took the truck from him that he probably rented all weekend and gave it to luke(which it cool on luke's side because he is in the points). but you think that TORC would promote him like they did Deegan at crandon so it would draw more west drivers to go out east but why should they if they wont get any exposure.? It looks to me like they are only worried about the star factor but if you watch the lucas races Sisler is just as fast as Deegan and in my opinion Sisler has shown the most progression in that last couple years. I bet his camp worked hard to get out there and TORC gave him or his sponsors no love.

P.S. Casey Currie is a whiner and congrats to CJ Greaves

2. Spare

Spare Member

I heard it was a complete mess with there team . I feel bad for the kid. I really didn't think traxxis wanted to see another west coast driver come and take the second big purse of the year. I guess he rented a 3rd string pro 2 and drove it on the last minute.

3. SuperRanger

SuperRanger Active Member

There was a lot of truck wrecking and truck trading going on in Texas. I saw 3 cycled through Sisler's pit, all with different owners. As I recall, TRAXXAS let Sisler run their backup truck after practice because he didn't like the one he rented.

In my two year tenure in TORC, TRAXXAS has been nothing but hospitable and many times loaned out their trucks. We all wish we were on TV. Many people go to a season of races and don't get on TV. The best way to get on TV is to win, and then do it again, and then win a championship, and then do it again.

4. hoeker

hoeker Well-Known Member

you guys crack me up...

5. Spare

Spare Member

I wish you really knew the truth. I guess from talking to a engine builder today close to the source today, the traxxis team gave them the first truck that was never tested and a pile of junk, then when they asked about the truck they rented the traxxis team gave them the real truck that they came to Texas to race which was the truck that Deegan raced at Crandon. Then after the first race they come to the pit and repoed the truck, then I guess a major brawl almost broke out between Sislers crew chief and k-3. That's when Obergs back up truck was offered because he was pitting across from them and watched it all go down..

6. SuperRanger

SuperRanger Active Member

Your piecing together a story from second hand conversations... I was pitted across from them. I got to know the Sisler team and had a good time that weekend. They are good people, as is TORC, TRAXXAS, etc. Why does everything have to be so dramatic around here???

I think the first truck he was in was a Kincaid built owned by Deegan. I do know that for the first race he borrowed the TRAXXAS backup pro-light which I imagine came with the contingency that if they needed a truck, they would get it back. Thats how I loan out stuff. Well, Caddell wadded his up and they asked for it back. I think they actually got Caddells truck fixed and maybe Luke was in the backup truck at that point (Sisler already had the P2 in his pit at that point I think). There wasn't any agenda I was aware of. Same team loaned the truck to Ampudia in Vegas so he could stay in the points. Oh yea, I think Cenni was in their backup P2 for race #2 in Texas. Crazy weekend.

Maybe Sisler will chime in. I don't think he left pissed but what do I know. It was fun having his team out there.

7. SEANY

SEANY Well-Known Member

Your all missing the biggest point to his post, Casey Currie is a whinner!!! Bwahahhhaha!!!

8. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

.... Are you the same guy that complains about their son/daughter not getting a 16th place ribbon in the spelling bee at school?

For the record, if I had a race series and I was paying hundreds and thousands of dollars to produce a tv show, NO I would not go out of my way to overly promote someone their first time out....unless the return on investment was inevitable. In Deegans case, the return on investment was inevitable.

... Either you get it, or you don't. It's that simple!

9. InspectorGadget

hahahahahaha\m/

10. InspectorGadget

no i an not at all but if you happened to watch any of the lucas races where the v8s from out east came they made sure to at least bring them up while racing whether it was the traxxas team or toad Cunningham.

11. OffroadExit

OffroadExit Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer

Keep in mind when Lucas started producing TV for their series Deegan had and I believe still has a deal with Lucas Oil and Rockstar which is also part of the team Lucas marketing strategy. Carry on!

12. InspectorGadget

i wish we could hear the real deal from Sisler or his team

13. 9five9

9five9 Active Member

With the torc series tv, you NEVER see ANYONE outside of the top five in any race unless they do something really crazy, but even then, it's not very often. They spend 35 minutes spotlighting one dramatic ordeal, and blow it out of proportion in good ol reality tv fashion, then never take the cameras off the top guys once they finally get to the race.

14. Tarp1234

Tarp1234 New Member

I don't see the point of starting a post with completly inacurate information, proceeding to bash somone based on that inacurate information then later posting "i wish we could hear the real deal "

Don't be a hater - it doesnt help OUR sport.

15. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

So following the back markers around is more interesting?

16. 9five9

9five9 Active Member

It's more of a "what do you expect?"

17. CoreySisler19

CoreySisler19 New Member

Haha I can't believe this is just now a topic lol I forgot about the whole thing. But honestly I have not a bad thing to say about anyone. The people who run the Torc series were very welcoming. I would say that the
    Only problem I had was one of the traxxas team members telling my guys that if we
    Did not leave Texas that night, we weren't going to make it out alive. That to me was a little unprofessional.
    Other than that, I was just happy to log another race weekend into the books. It was pretty cool seeing what the
    Other drivers on the easy coast were all about.

18. Tater

Tater Member

Wait til Corey's pro 2 is done for this year...

19. joshfranklinmotorsports

joshfranklinmotorsports Member

Ummmm.... If the Jenkins Bros. want to send that untested, pile of junk this way. I know of a couple guys that wouldn't mind wheelin' on the piece:).... lol

20. Spare

Spare Member

Hey Corey , your pro -2 test good for you? It looked like a nice deal at firebird..