1. Forum membership has its advantages....

***Thank you Reid Family - 1568 MORE 500***

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by racer_dude, May 23, 2011.

1. racer_dude

racer_dude Back2Back TL Champ!

First off, thank you for all the volunteers and people at M.O.R.E. for putting on a beautiful event this weekend at the Royal Purple 500. We pre-ran (at 35mph, which is hard when your trying to judge holes for race cars doing 100mph) Friday afternoon and marked the course. Uneventful for the most part, but we did move a "native" spectator well off the course to a spectator safe distance of 150 feet. Hit up tech late Friday night to an eager crew that got us through in less than 5 minutes after we had our paperwork. Great job guys!!! And of course mandatory Barstow Del Taco after that!

And a huge thanks to Kevin Reid for letting me be involved with their team. He is top notch and has the team behind him to let his program succeed. Its been a while since we had "planned" to get me in the car with Shelby, and it finally came together.

Shelby Reid! What more can I say, she is a factor in everybody's race plans! You can't count her out of running up front on any given day. She is still getting comfortable with her new car, and it was my first time ever in it. I ruffled her feathers on lap one and she preformed perfectly! We started 11th off the line, and after a fast lap we found ourselves in 5th on the road and roughly top 3? on time! Lap 2 we had a steering servo fail around mm35 or so, just after Means dry lake area, and she muscled that big heavy car for the rest of the lap! Keep in mind that her car runs 37's! YIKES!!! After 40 miles of torture she decided to hop out after lap 2 and let Paul Keller take over.

After we received a brand new (still in the wrapper) servo from Todd Jergenson (THANK YOU!) and repaired one other item, we took aim at testing the car and going for a finish. I took a one lap break from navigation duties as soon as Paul hopped in, and after lap 3, re-assumed my duties in the right seat. I am SORE today, and was useless yesterday to say the least. 365 miles of Lucerne square edged chop took its toll on me this time, but we will live to fight another day!

Again, thanks to everyone at M.O.R.E., RPI, UNLTDPrep, DFT, Shelby, Kevin, Cody Reid, Daniel, Jamie and Brooklyn Folts, Dave Folts, Casey, Jennifer and Presley Jefferies. Jimmy T for wheelin' the 9 car around for a win and everyone else that helped us in the dirt. I had an amazing time and each one of the above mentioned people / companies helped make it happen.

We will go vroom vroom in the dirt again soon. Watch-out BOYS!

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

You're pretty brave for eating Del Taco the night before a race. LOL

3. racer_dude

racer_dude Back2Back TL Champ!

Barstow Del Taco! Its not even the same Pattimus. Normal Del Taco - not a chance!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  4. 9rocky

9rocky Well-Known Member

Thank you Louis. You did a great job, and bring a lot to the table. Even though Shelby has been teamed with other great drivers, it is good to get someone like you to ride with her and recognize that she is a very talented driver. We need to get the gremlins worked out of this car, and everyone will see what she can do.

We would also like to thank K&N Engineering, DFT and the entire Folts family, Lucas Oil, Toyo Tires, MSD Ignition, and especially Casey at UNLTD Prep for killing it to get both cars ready, and the 12 car turned around in 1 week from Plaster City.

Attached Files:

5. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA I ate at Letty's in lucerne valley the day before the race, it has a B rating... yeah probably a risky move haha but it was all good. I Rode the first 3 laps in 1069 and felt great. Very proud of the whole team and PJ Isabelle for the class 10 win and 2nd overall.

Cody was flying out there, he passed us on lap 1 and we passed him in the same exact spot on lap 2 missing the left rear. it was great to see you guys got it back going after that.

glad you guys muscled through adversity to the finishline... sometimes those are the greatest races...

6. 9rocky

9rocky Well-Known Member

Eating at Letty's is definately an adventure. Sometimes I wonder about the mystery meat they use.

7. DesertRacer1268

DesertRacer1268 Member

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  8. Bryan J

Bryan J Active Member

I also went braved Letty's with Mike. huevos rancheros with shredded beef on top....i like to live life dangerously LOL

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  9. M.Harvey1600

not at all... We felt bad when we came up on you... its never enjoyable seeing cars broken down...

Thanks cody it was an awesome weekend... you were behind us for a while, I saw you back there from about race mile 44-46 and u passed us around 53? we were giving it all we had that single seat Seagrove is sooooo fast... haha

cant wait to see the new Jefferies class 10 out there...

and holy cow those eco-techs are champs... my first time in an eco-tech powered car and I couldnt believe the power they have... your car is going to be a rocket

10. foltswagen

foltswagen Member

It was cool to watch it on the incar. I was laughing when he was behind you honking.

11. M.Harvey1600

How long was he honking for??? I couldn't hear anything with the scream of the eco-tech... I am going to have ear buds molded for the next time (thats if PJ wants me to ride with him again, I would like to!) after I got out of the car everything sounded muffled til late last night!!! haha

Eco-Tech you made a fan out of me!!!

12. bonehead1

bonehead1 Active Member

Thanks to the Reid Family for letting Carrie, Borrego, Coco, and I hang out and go racing with you. It was great taking a lap in the class 1 car thanks! wish I could have done more. I've spent my whole adult life working on high performance machines, from being a Space Shuttle technician on the launch pad, to 14 years as a B2 Stealth bomber Flight test Tech, to being a flying Tech on a NASA Airborne Science Research aircraft to my current job as a F-16 fighter Flight Test Tech. So needless to say I know a high performence machine when I see one and I can say that is one badass racecar!!!

13. DesertRacer1268

DesertRacer1268 Member

you an me both hoping it will be done soon cant wait to get behind the wheel of that machine looks great so far. And yeah that seagrove car is very fast blew me away the first time i drove it.

Thanks Dan Folts for letting me drive the car this year its a blast