Thanks RC-10

Discussion in 'Shortcourse Racing' started by pdailey, Jun 19, 2009.

1. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Thanks for making my decison easier to purchase TRAXXAS products. Real classy ad in the back of Dirtsports. While your at it Dirtsports, you can cancel my subscription. Pretty sad.
  2. forktom

forktom Member

is the july issue already out? what is it?
  3. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

TORC on the cover. You'll see. Flame on LORRS people. I don't care. Bad taste IMO.

Blantant attack towards TORC and TRAXXAS.
  4. E&S Racing

E&S Racing Energy Drink King Pin

Come on Pat spill it!!!
  5. forktom

forktom Member

scan it!
  6. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I would take a pic and post it but I probably would get sued.
  7. E&S Racing

I understand, what a bummer though. Obviously it left a bad taste in your mouth huh? Sorry to hear that..
  8. HardCharger81

HardCharger81 Member

The ad is on RC10's website.
  9. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

It did. Of course people will tell me I'm biased but it is what it is.
  10. E&S Racing

Ouch. I just saw the add, that sucks. What a bummer. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it yet...
  11. Rhinestone Cowboy

Rhinestone Cowboy Can i ban pdailey?

I have a feeling the war has begun
  12. ProLite13

ProLite13 Member

Nothing to fear !:eek:

[video=youtube;f_m12cRlSZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_m12cRlSZw[/video]
  13. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

I really dont see a problem, they take a shot back to capitalize on something that got them a lot of press, smart move. Standard type stuff in the world of marketing.

For the record I drive a Losi but it has nothing to do with propaganda from any RC company.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  14. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

Are you going to say the same about Pepsi?

This is all pretty common advertising stuff, I cant imagine anyone caring that much.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. spalind

spalind Well-Known Member

Yeah, that ad is pretty tame...I have no issue with companies taking pokes at each other...its the nature of the business...if the competition makes the end product at both companies better then its a good thing....I own a Slash but if I had a job at the moment and more expendable income I would buy an associated product as well...
  16. Bridges

Bridges Senior Replay

They need a new ART DEPT and copyright. That ad is LAME...in capitol letters.
    Message is what it is, pretty harmless but the entire rest...yiiikes kinda brings down the whole mag... If you were a non-endemic looking to "get in" to Off Road is this what you want to see as your new associates in the sport...?

Holy Smokes, who approved that...? I'f you're gonna try and hit hard maybe sharpen up the ol' pencil and fire up photoshop at least..
    Cheapens your message as a whole BIG TIME. I wouldn't expect any retalliation from "they".

Cheap is Cheap and a trophy here and there doesn't buy CLASS.

fire away
  17. BF_702

BF_702 Member

Harmless to the average reader
  18. Brandon121

Brandon121 Josh's Dream

Wow Pat, Attack? It's just a question, what are they afraid of?....:confused:

Team Associated is having a short course national (RC) event next month, sponsored by us and we created classes to make sure that Traxxas customers, fans, and racers could come and race with us. Competition is a good thing, at least we think so.....

Pat your a big TORQ supporter, what if you want to go race TORQ and your money sponsor was the one in question, the one singled out and required to be removed, how would you feel?
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  19. ProLite13

ProLite13 Member

"All press is good press."

"Bad press is better than no press."

"There is no such thing as bad press."

Good or bad I think RC10 has gotten more attention because of this TRAXXXXXXAS.
    Done right it's money in the bank and I think that RC10 has capitalized on this one.

DP:cool:
  20. pappawheely

pappawheely O.G. Photo

You bet it's a blatant attack. Not sure why you are so pissed? The whole cover the logo thing was silly. I don't know what Dirtsports or LOORRS have to do with this ad. It just makes me laugh. It reminds me of a few years back at the SCORE show. I was on a team sponsored by 4Wheel Parts and we battled endlessly with the Cepek guys. There was a competition before the show to make the biggest bags to hand out. People would get bags full of swag and would end up putting the smaller bags into a bigger bag. Our spies would tell us how big of a bag Cepek was making so we upped our bag size. It went back and forth several times. To make a long story short, people were walking around the show with bags big enough to sleep in. They were dragging on the ground. Company's have rivalry's just like racers do. I think it's fun and entertaining. :D