1. Forum membership has its advantages....

The Bob Bower Story

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Benny Metcalf, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Benny Metcalf

Benny Metcalf Member

All,

It is that time to start thinking about race TIME. We are just a few weeks away and there is alot of people are out there prerunning.. I have heard some of the stories that Cameron has been sending us. It is nice to hear that there has not been any problems (aka) crashes.. I did hear about Garron deal but it looks like he was ok.. Good thing that he had a Leduc with him any of those kids can fix anything... Nice jod Todd

I think that it is time for some words from our great Bob Bower... Sorry for Putting you on the spot Bob . Lets all be safe down there.

Benny Metcalf

2. 4trax

4trax Member

It's stickied at the top of this page, and it's on page 3.:cool:

3. Benny Metcalf

Benny Metcalf Member

just saw that my bad, SORRY

4. 4trax

4trax Member

No biggie :)

5. BobBower

BobBower Member

Not your bad. Just your way of thinking.

Fact is, you DO think about how things turn out for people as they go through this race. I can't find anything bad in that!

I appreciate your words about the "What About You?" piece. I don't look at it so much as my story as I do that it's everybody's story. I admit that the things it says about the older guys thinking they can get away with more than the new guys is based on the lies I've told myself as I've driven down the peninsula. Not that I'm proud of it, just that I guess I have been lucky to not have anything happen to me.

Yet.

It's a tough deal really if you think about it. There you are. Part of a team who is running the race, and you want to help make it come out somewhere close to the the dreams everybody talks about before the green flag. I guess it's some sort of personal pressure. But, it gets to you. So you press the petal just a little more than the voice in your head tells you is smart. You know you are just a little "out there", but you press nonetheless.

You are a second generation racer Benny. Benny Sr. should be proud of how you go about being Benny Jr.. Heck, I know he is. My compliments to you on how you go about it.

Say Hi to Dad for me. I'll see you in Cabo. We might share a beverage... You are certainly old enough for that! ;)

BB