1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

The Mayhem RG alluded to at the driver's meeting

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Zambo, Nov 23, 2010.

1. fathead

fathead Well-Known Member

Haha, happy turkeyday fly !!!

2. Kent Kroeker

Kent Kroeker Well-Known Member

I would prefer we don't explore that. I think that who was driving the truck is not as important as what caused the situation and how to avoid it in the future.

(+4) 4 people like this.
  3. FlyHiFlyLo

FlyHiFlyLo Ace Mechanic

You too bubba...

4. philofab

philofab Powered by Optima

Don't assume everyone in Mexico knows or cares about the Baja races. Although I'm sure there is quite a following down south, there will always be a few that have no idea whats going on or just plain don't care. Is it his fault that he needed to take that particular route somewhere and a fully caged race vehicle hit him? No. It was partially "just an accident" with some influence of too much speed into a blind area. There is no reason to go that fast into a blind corner or over a blind hill unless you are racing on a CLOSED COURSE. Slow down and use some common sense. The life you save may be a loved one, a friend, or a complete stranger. Every stranger is someones loved one.

Thank you guys for being a positive force in the human race. It's too bad some want to distract from an important message.

5. mpower

mpower Well-Known Member

x2 , is a accident waiting to happen really an accident?

6. whosaidIracing

whosaidIracing Well-Known Member

I wonder if most would still feel or act (re act) the same way (Driver of said TT not mentioned, Was the police (Policia ) even notified, Was the driver detained???)

What if this had happened in the USA... With a Mexican National Causing/ the same ACCIDENT to a USA National??

No BS please.... Let's have it !!!

7. conejoracer

conejoracer Well-Known Member

According to the first post in this thread, a TT traveling on an open road the night before the race, was observed traveling in an unsafe manner by an experienced fellow racer. It is not really an assumption to put the responsibility of the accident on the TT. Team Traxxas #86 with drivers of record Mike Jenkins and Josh Baldwin was the vehicle involved in the accident. Let's dispense with all the PC BS here, it's really pretty silly, this is the TT in question.
    We do not know WHO was driving the vehicle at the time of the crash, but we do know that reckless driving led to a serious accident with major injuries to someone driving on PUBLIC roads.
    We, the off road community, are cutting our own throats. The "Wild west" mentality of our sport is outdated, and ultimately will be our downfall. Our sport has truly great Heroes, great people, and offers an experience unlike any other to the average person.
    I would like to thank Kent Kroeker for his valiant effort in dealing with this accident. I truly believe that the majority of us are responsible in our actions, but it will be the few that are not that shuts us all down.
    This years Mil was my 23rd, and I truly hope our sport matures and I have the opportunity to see 23 more B1K's.

(+4) 4 people like this.
  8. DustinWebster

DustinWebster Well-Known Member

Incredible story that was a tragedy SAVED by the heart and mind of both Kent Kroeker and Jeremy Graczyck...PLEASE, recognize this for what it is...it's not e-badass talk from behind a keyboard, it's not the difficult decisions made by a businessman on some deal-gone-wrong for a customer who is unhappy, THIS IS REAL LIFE and these actions speak volumes about the men they TRULY are.

On thanksgiving, I will give thanks for the health and love of my family, give thanks for those that were there and continue to be there for Justin Imhoff, and give thanks for the true heroes written about right here in this thread. THANK YOU Kent and Jeremy, not only for your service, but also for saving this man's life in such difficult circumstances. Cole and Jim, thanks to you too for taking part in doing the right thing. It is far too easy and far too common to leave it to someone else to take responsibility.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  9. CaptinCrash

CaptinCrash Well-Known Member

greatest thing ever typed by flys key board

10. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 Well-Known Member

thread crapping at its finest......what a shame...these men are heros!

11. movindirt

movindirt Wham Spore

Kent and Jeremy, you are true heros! Very sad this ever happened

12. 4x4nutz

4x4nutz Well-Known Member

I can't give you anymore pos REP just now, but I owe you x10!!! LOL!

13. 4x4nutz

4x4nutz Well-Known Member

Some years ago if you were in an auto accident in Mexcio and someone was injured and it was determined it was your fault, you went to jail until financial responsibilites were taken care of. Back then very few people had insurance, so it was the only way to make sure people paid for the damage they had done. Not sure how they do things now.

14. Stover

Stover Well-Known Member

You mean aside from the fact that we towed Harbor Freight off the racecourse for you during the race...LOL

15. chatterbox

chatterbox Active Member

Nice job guys! hats off to team KORE! Ivan Stewart once told me that pre-running is not about going fast. It is about reading the terrain and making good notes. I think this was the first time this Trophy Truck driver raced in Baja......enough said.

16. WickedGravityVideo

WickedGravityVideo Well-Known Member

not to minimize or ignore the bigger issues discussed here, but just curious.... did TT86 make it to the start line the next day? Did they head for the border after this incident? Did MX law enforcement get involved?

17. ace_photo

ace_photo GET SOME

They did not start

18. OffroadExit

OffroadExit Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer

Said TT did not officially start the race according to my sources. I have no information on said TT drivers. At least one driver on the entry has raced baja before and should know better!

19. OffroadExit

OffroadExit Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer

If it's anything like doing a claim on a stolen chase truck... you go to 4 different offices and file days worth of paperwork only to come back and file more paperwork...nothing gets done fast in Mexico.

20. Dirtworks Films

Dirtworks Films Well-Known Member

THANK YOU... To those at the scene that assisted, you are what true, caring, passionate Americas are about.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted