THEFT

Discussion in 'Look out !' started by JenDiggityDirt, Dec 29, 2001.

1. JenDiggityDirt

JenDiggityDirt Active Member

This was posted on our site's guestbook and I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone knows anything:
    "this past holiday weekend (x-mas) someone, at least a multitude of people broke into the outer garage area of Race Design in harbison canyon, and stole numerous king coil over, and bypass shocks off of the project trucks. These shocks come with a hefty price tag, but Kurt (the owner) is offering a hefty reward $1,000+ no questions asked for the return of the shocks, or information leading to the whereabouts of the shocks. we as offroaders need to help our fellow off-roader and fabricator and get these shocks back for him. any knowledge about where the shocks are or who took them, give them a call or email them... racedesign.com "

<font color=red>JEN</font color=red>
    [​IMG]
  2. Tomack

Tomack Member

Shows what kind of low bastards are in this world. I think if you find them you should break their hands and knee's, with the stuff they stole. See if they regret it when they cant walk and feed them selves.

"race gas, in the early morning" Booing
  3. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Kill the bastards!

Go Big Or Go Home
  4. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

This was posted on ORC in a thread about theft. This is what to do when they catch them:

"Friendly advice on the thief,as a former cop ,I would do this.Forgive him for stealing the gear.Find a friend who works at the prison he will be sent to and alert the inmates he is a child molester.The inmates will take care of your problem."

Go Big Or Go Home
  5. martininsocal

martininsocal Active Member

i don't want to be the a$$hole in all this, but the folks who stole the stuff knew they were there, knew what they were, and are into the offroad/prerun scene. hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but it wasn't some hoolies looking for hydraulics for their impalas folks.
    i say if found, we do a modern desert racer version of drawn and quartered out in the dez.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG
  6. Ryno

Ryno Well-Known Member

Martin-

I'm sure they were as well, however, I doubt they will be used on their own vehicles. To setup your truck or car for a specific shock is BS. Let's all be on the lookout for someone selling some Coilovers. They know what they're worth, and a quick couple grand is easy to get for those.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.
  7. scott

scott Active Member

Somewhere in California, between L.A./ S.D.
    Jen- Its a shame, and I hate to say this because its happened to me, but those who are close to you or a friend of those friends probably did it, especially when you start giving tours, and so call "show-off", the goods, is No Good !!!!! I've never been into the snoop around tour, and your the guide, do you get what I mean. Good Luck on catching them, I'm sure someone will brag, and the word will get out.
  8. JenDiggityDirt

JenDiggityDirt Active Member

I got a call last night from Jim McKenzie saying he also is the victim of a recent theft. About a week ago someone nabbed a Crissman/Chrismann/however you spell it rear end from in front of the shop in Simi Valley. Be on the lookout for this, too. Not too many of those floating around so it shouldn't be very easy to sell/use. We are going to be putting up a "Crime Watch" section on our site (Thanks for the suggestion Jim!) so when things go "missing" people can get the word out through there. Who knows, could help!

<font color=red>JEN</font color=red>
    [​IMG]
  9. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

A chrisman, man that is some big money, hope he finds out who stole that because that is a huge dent in anyones pocket book, especially if it had all of the guts in it and axles. Do you know if it was the bare housing or everything Jen ? It would make it a lot easier to determine if it was stolen when the person that stole it was selling it. Hope you find the shocks to. I hate theft, it really sucks, because we have had a lot of stuff stolen from us over the years.

PMC Racing
  10. John_Bitting

John_Bitting Administrator

Jimmy it was a bare housing, so whomever buys the stolen housing will have to get everything from Jim or Chrisman, so it wont be hard to figure out that one. Not like Pick a part has Chrismans laying around and you cant get hubs at Pep Boys..
  11. MADTERROR

MADTERROR Member

12. Travisfab

Travisfab Active Member

Do I dare click that link?
  13. MADTERROR

MADTERROR Member

sorry trying to figure out how to upload images on here