to the 7140 team please respond

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by HDRA1, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDRA1

HDRA1 The Godfather

To team 7140,

I am a bit concerned you guys don't realize we have some unfinished business after last weekends race... I am hesitant to even put you on blast here on the web but since I haven't heard from you yet, I figured you would want to know that my driver and co-driver are ok (luckily.) I cant say the same for my race vehicle though.

Normally after a hard hit the team who does the hitting makes their way over to the other guys pit after the race to check on things. Thats just part of being honorable. I am pretty sure you did not do so on purpose. I watched you pull a what seemed purposeful avoidance of me after the race when you left the main pit.

I wanted to congratulate you on your class win and the check that came along with it. It is impressive since, it is my understanding that you missed you your start time and had a pretty late start. I am wondering how many other UTV's you hit on your path to the front. Just mine?

My little John Deere is pretty smashed. the rear was pushed in to the point I am questioning just gutting it for parts and starting over. As you came around, you also hooked my front bumper and literally ripped it off the vehicle. Im sure its totaled but hammering it back into some sort of race-able shape is probably my only alternative considering my financial situation.

My rear facing blue light was working great and the track had plenty of room for you to pass my UTV when this happened so I am curious, how come you decided that going thru me was the better choice than going around?

I know that getting in a passing situation can be frustrating but i still don't understand why you think it would be OK to ram a UTV with a 7100 and to make matters worse, not to contact me after the fact and check on my driver and co drivers well being. The co-drivers seat broke off the mounts.

I spoke with Casey at the finish and expressed my feelings about the incident and his reply was "there's two sides to every story". I have called him yesterday and today to hear what your side of the story is. Yesterday he was out and so far today, my call is not yet returned. Perhaps, you could enlighten me as to why there has been zero follow up from you.

My little UTV is basically destroyed by the avoidable contact your much heavier racer put on it. Maybe you guys did not feel the hit as much since your truck is probably at least 5000 pounds and my Gator is less than 2000 pounds.

I would have filed a formal protest but since you and I aren't even in the same class i couldn't. It was suggested that I try and have the guys who finished behind you protest you on my behalf but that just seemed kinda lame. My only recourse is with Casey and that is hard to sit here and wait for.

Please know this post was intentionally dripping with sarcasm to cover the fact that I am pretty friggin pissed off about the incident and your lack of follow up.

p.s you can reach me here or at 702-325-9672

Sincerely,

Lucas Hand.
  2. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

7100 is a blue light class. Coming up on one how was he to know you weren’t a 7100? Maybe the utv's should run a green light so the slower classes know there coming up on a really slow class. I have no dog in the fight here but sounds like the blue light covers to many classes running at too much of a speed deference.
  3. Roice

Roice Member

I dont have a dog in this fight either but if you cant tell the difference between a UTV and a 7100 then RC cars might be a better thing to race. I agree blue lights cover a lot of classes but drivers still need to pay attention some UTVs will out run a 5 car or a 9 car and are for sure faster than an 11 car. I dont know what the conditions were at the time of the incident or how much visibility the 7100 had.
  4. wishrcr

wishrcr Member

Good to hear your guys were okay, bummer about the Gator.
  5. BHollander

BHollander Member

I will say that on our 3rd lap there was a ton of lap traffic UTV, Jeep speeds, 7100's I was in a TL and most of the UTV guys kick up a ton of dust and are completly ignorant when it comes to getting out of the way. I ran my HIDs on on the front bumper and had to trail some UTVs for a mile or 2 on their tail. we were on the horn, flashing lights nothing would catch their attention. Also several lapped vehicles we passed had no working rear facing lights. There are two sides to every story for sure and maybe this all happened in the dust and the guy does not spend his day on the internet. Could be a complete accident.
  6. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

The gator has about the same track with as a 7100 runs about the same size tires that you would run on a 80’s Toyota in 7300 and has a pickup like bed on the back. Coming up on it from the rear it looks like a truck tell you’re right on it and that’s at tech with no dust. I’m no placing blame. But I can see it being hard to tell
  7. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

Blue lights mean watch the F out. Seems pretty simple to me.

Do you have cataracts? Near sighted?
  8. biggjim

biggjim New Member

Bummer, I was wondering what happed you you guys Lucas, Hopefully you will get a reasonable answer. See you at silver state.:confused:
  9. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

Just as I have no dog in this fight. The fact is the driver of the truck or a team member that hit you guys (utv worse than hittin a stock bug) should have checked to see if anyone was hurt and possibly offer to help fix damage IMO.
  10. Power Monkey

Power Monkey Member

We raced our little 5U in the afternoon with all the big hardware and only got one light responsible tap all day. Past that very light tap every TT and 1500 car was totally Pro! What a shame to hear the flap on why this is type of driving is remotely Ok. Bummer!
  11. UTVUGRUSTY

UTVUGRUSTY Active Member

Thats sucks Lucas. This may help you.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  12. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Yet another reason golf carts should stay on the golf course!!! I almost creamed a UTV on our 2nd lap who was going about 10mph on the course and slammed on his brakes for no reason! I am all for people racing but when your vehicle is going 10000x slower than all other vehicles on the same track in the dust its just a HUGE accident waiting to happen!

IMO they should have the UTV's run with the motorcycles in those races and not the big car races or at least not the lap races.

(This post is not directed just at you Lucas)
  13. randy68

randy68 Well-Known Member

No disrespect either, but I totally agree..dOOd.
  14. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

Now that I think about it in BITD 7100 might not run a blue light. I think that would make it worse.
  15. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

But then what happens when a quad or bike gets ran over by a UTV. Maybe the best answer is just to drop the class. I really can’t rap my head around spending all that cash for one. You could have a nice full size vehicle to race for what guys dump into these things. Maybe then they could start their own org. start some new classes like riding lawn mowers, and yard tractors.

OK back to the head hunt.
  16. BlueCoyote

BlueCoyote Active Member

So if it was a slow 11 or 9 car that would be fine? They are all about the same size, power, speed.
    Never understood blasting thru the dust when you cannot see zhit - there could be a disabled car, tire change, loose tire on the course, bike down, take your pick.
    Agreed if you are broken and going slower move to the side if possible. Blaming UTV's, JS, 11, 9, is not answer. It is the reponsibility of the fast vehicle making the pass to do so cleanly.
    (and not directed to only fish)
  17. deano

deano McDeano

isn't a Henn part of the chicken family .... just asking
  18. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

Its desert racing. Going fast in the dust is what make a good desert racer IMO. If you don’t have what it takes to hammer down in the dust just hang it up, you’ll never pass anyone.
  19. HDRA1

HDRA1 The Godfather

problem resolved thanks for the response

Lucas

so please lock this thread
  20. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

An 11 car and 9 car are race cars and they are a lot easier to see than a UTV. Plus those usually go faster than a UTV. Of course there is always a couple cars broken that are going slow but most of the UTV class is relatively slow even when they are working correctly. And seriously if your not going to go for it in the dust then you should be racing road races and not DESERT races lol
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.