1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Tony the Champ.

Discussion in 'Pavement Racing' started by AZ1000, Nov 20, 2011.

1. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

Oct 10, 2005
    Fargo, ND
    I got into NASCAR before the first live race, once it became the main stream sport that it is today, I got bored with it and really haven't watched much or even gone to a race in years, keep up with it, but oh well.
    I got to see Tony Stewart at a 1/3 mile dirt track this summer in Fargo ND. Even though he only got a 5th he totally impressed me as a racer, car owner and a person. We watched from the red flag on tonight, and Tony showed what I got to see of him in the dirt. This guy is the real deal racer, so congrats Tony.
  2. Mumzy

Mumzy Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
    I agree.

Either him or Carl deserved the title. I watched the last 75 laps....75 of the most boring laps I watched all year.

Thank GOD we have one more F1 race in Brazil!
  3. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I usually just watch the running order as it changes and then the highlight footage after the race. I didn't bother with the highlights this time. Glad tony won though.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2008
    The West of Ireland
    I always thought he was an arrogant chump until I learned how he works tirelessly to help fund all kinds of kids programs.
    I have been a fan of him ever since.
    Best race for the championship I have ever seen.
  5. bajaherbie

bajaherbie Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    altus, ok
    i hope to see tony at the Chili Bowl in tulsa in january.... if he doesn't drive, i'm sure he will have a couple sprinters there.

but 10 races ago, i thought carl would win it.
  6. Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Dayton, TN
    10 Races ago I thought Jeff Gordon would get his 5th... But I did know Kyle Busch would tank again!!! That one is a forgone conclusion each chase!!!
Draft saved Draft deleted