1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Tony the Champ.

Discussion in 'Pavement Racing' started by AZ1000, Nov 20, 2011.

1. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

I got into NASCAR before the first live race, once it became the main stream sport that it is today, I got bored with it and really haven't watched much or even gone to a race in years, keep up with it, but oh well.
    I got to see Tony Stewart at a 1/3 mile dirt track this summer in Fargo ND. Even though he only got a 5th he totally impressed me as a racer, car owner and a person. We watched from the red flag on tonight, and Tony showed what I got to see of him in the dirt. This guy is the real deal racer, so congrats Tony.

2. Mumzy

Mumzy Well-Known Member

Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
    I agree.

Either him or Carl deserved the title. I watched the last 75 laps....75 of the most boring laps I watched all year.

Thank GOD we have one more F1 race in Brazil!

3. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Active Member

I usually just watch the running order as it changes and then the highlight footage after the race. I didn't bother with the highlights this time. Glad tony won though.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I always thought he was an arrogant chump until I learned how he works tirelessly to help fund all kinds of kids programs.
    I have been a fan of him ever since.
    Best race for the championship I have ever seen.

5. bajaherbie

bajaherbie Active Member

i hope to see tony at the Chili Bowl in tulsa in january.... if he doesn't drive, i'm sure he will have a couple sprinters there.

but 10 races ago, i thought carl would win it.

6. Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin Well-Known Member

10 Races ago I thought Jeff Gordon would get his 5th... But I did know Kyle Busch would tank again!!! That one is a forgone conclusion each chase!!!