1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Torc 2010 tv!

Discussion in 'Shortcourse Racing' started by hoeker, Apr 21, 2010.

1. hoeker

hoeker Well-Known Member

For Immediate Release
    TRAXXAS OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED TWENTY-SIX HOURS
    OF PRIME TIME HD PROGRAMMING IN 2010
    Indianapolis, IN. The United States Auto Club (USAC Racing) announced plans for an unprecedented
    twenty-six hours of off-road race programming with original content, one-hour shows in prime time
    Thursday night slots. The production will feature racing action for all professional off-road classes
    following the drivers and crews throughout the 2010 racing season to the greatest off road venues
    such as Crandon Int’l Off-Road Raceway, Chicagoland Speedway and Bark River Int’l Raceway, MI.
    “This innovative approach to off-road racing will offer viewers an in-depth, behind the scenes look into
    our racing series and develop a closer relationship to our drivers and crews following the story lines
    that lead up to and through the racing action” stated Kevin Miller, CEO of USAC Racing. “The use of
    groundbreaking technologies for the high definition production will showcase the racing action as
    never seen before and bring a broader audience into our sport with a six month consistent prime time
    slot on a premier HD network”.
    Additionally, each race will be offered through live streaming coverage simultaneously through
    various Internet outlets, ensuring the sports core enthusiast’s immediate access to all the racing
    action. These outlets include both sponsor sites and social media sites to ensure a vast and broad
    audience for live event coverage.
    The production team will be meeting with teams, drivers, sponsors and tracks in the coming weeks to
    initiate the background for more detailed coverage of the sport. The TRAXXAS Championship
    presented by AMSOIL in 2010 will debut at the largest spectator attended short course racing facility,
    the Big House in Crandon, Wisconsin on June 19th – 20th
    Series sponsors include TRAXXAS, AMSOIL, Monster Energy, Kumho Tires, KMC Wheels, Oakley,
    Ford Trucks, and BF Goodrich Tires. Additional series sponsors and major announcements are
    expected as the season progresses.
    USAC is the most diverse motorsorts organization in the country today, sanctioning Silver Crown,
    Sprint Cars, Midget Racing, .25 Quarter Midgets, Bonneville Salt Flat Land Speed records, Off Road
    racing, as well as partnerships with the Pikes Peaks International Hill Climb and the Fireball Run
    Adventure Rally.

2. D4D

D4D Active Member

What channel?

3. eric2448

eric2448 Member

Sounds like it's gonna be sorta like MadHouse on the History Channel... Someone threw out the Discovery Channel for TORC in another thread...

4. forktom

forktom Member

man this is awsome

5. spalind

spalind Well-Known Member

Kinda odd to make the announcement and yet not name the network. Why not wait till you can release the name?

6. GJLnorthernmichigan

GJLnorthernmichigan Member

I don't think its odd, Look USAC is moving as fast as they can but deals like this take time and we all know they had a late start. They needed to release something solid but doesn't need to be complete at this point. I'm sure the deal must be very close and they don't want to risk anything or overstep their bounds. My hats off to USAC.

7. SuperRanger

SuperRanger Active Member

8. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

Look at me.

9. Slash01z

Slash01z Member

If it is something like Madhouse this will be a great oppertunity to really get behind the scenes with the drivers and see other point of views. Just hope they show more of the racing then Madhouse did.

Nice Job TORC

10. diamondvisiondan

diamondvisiondan Member

I'm surprised they haven't named the TV production company.

11. kennyg

kennyg New Member

this sounds like its going to be fun to watch!!! :)

12. GJLnorthernmichigan

GJLnorthernmichigan Member

Can you imagine, Wow. There are some very colorful teams, I'm just sayin what a program this could turn out to be. Some of the Drivers & crews and or families back at the shop repairing & prepping for the next round. I can vouch for a couple personalities, when wound-up could make for very interesting viewing. I think this will be TV worth watching and probably turn out to be addicting. This could be what gets it to the next level. For sure huge TV viewing audience in prime time and sponsor airtime or presence. Any sponser when aired will get I'm sure lots of camera time if the teams are watchful of the background. Just the shirts on the crews backs will be great for the sponsors. I can't wait to see Off-Road like this. Should be great. God knows TORC has more top notch teams now and I'm thinking when the sponsors of these and other teams sit and focus on what could be in front of them, it will grow even bigger and thats when it will grow to the next level. Now is a great time to swing the NASCAR fans, I know Off-Road convinced me.

13. Pro-Lite Brian

Pro-Lite Brian Well-Known Member

Have they figured out what channel we will need to tune in to?

14. diamondvisiondan

diamondvisiondan Member

And who is going to produce it?

15. racer 2121

racer 2121 Member

Or if there will even be racing. We have not got any membership and registration papers yet. There has been very little coming from TORC. Who even owns it anymore? I am not being negative but its already the end of April !!!!

16. hoeker

hoeker Well-Known Member

yes, just not saying yet

4 production companies are still in the running

yes we are racing. USAC is running TORC and they are working hand in hand with MORR. Tiffany is working on the registration packets and to be honest i'm not sure why they haven't mailed them out yet but the schedule wasn't finalized till last week so that was probably the hold up. have you joined MORR yet? do you read the updates on midwest-offroadracing.com? did you go to saturdays swap meet in abrams? MORR had a 45 minute question and answer session.

17. racer 2121

racer 2121 Member

MORR does sound good for the racers however it's still not the same as the racing body (TORC) having a press release and keeping us informed. I am sure they are working hard but this is starting to remind me of the old CORR days when we wouldn't hear from them for months at a time.

18. Scott Rehn

Scott Rehn Active Member

Ross,, dont worry about trying to answer all of HIS questions. "racer 21 21" is nothing more than the "pete sohren" of the midwest. And by the way,, STILL waiting for his phone call,, lol lol,, put my cell number on here enough times and he STILL wont back up his comments with anything substantial. Does ANYONE really know who this guy is?

19. ProLite13

ProLite13 Member

There's only 1 Pete Sohren...........and he's my neighbor.........

Scott, do you know how to win an argument with the Pistol? Don't get into one lol.........

Back to the topic at hand the TV deal. If it's a reality I like the behind the scenes approach to it for sure. Exposure is the key to it all and this will bring some new fish to the surface no doubt.

I will say that I have always liked the sprint car scene and I know what we have is even more unique than that. It will be interesting to see what USAC is going to bring to the table as far as exposure opps for the teams/drivers.

dp:cool:

www.DirtAddicts.com www.LongTravelZine.com www.BullyDog.com #1 in performance.

20. racer 2121

racer 2121 Member

Scott instead of running your mouth like a bone head (that never raced) think about what I was talking about. These are real concerns that a lot of us from the midwest are feeling right now. By the way how did your law suit go, oh you can't say I forgot.