1. Forum membership has its advantages....

**VIDEO** DanZio Double MINT

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Josh @ DanZio, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

Check out some of the action from the beginning of the race. For soe reason there was no in car audio, so ur just gonna have to listen to the engine!!!! Bumpin action, 130 mph action, and a lot of me first lap cruising !!!!!YYYYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. cancinoj

cancinoj Active Member

great action like always, thks.

3. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

Car looked great with the wrap Josh. However I was really partial to the slick paint job w/ red & gold. On second thought anytime that thing is screaming through the dez, I am head over heels!

In the vid I could actually hear the co driver talking. I think it was the mic from the camera tho and could not make it out.

4. troyharper

troyharper DA Meatball

Nice job on #133 !

5. Dirtworks Films

Dirtworks Films Active Member

Badass!

6. ErcegMotorsportAus

ErcegMotorsportAus Member

Sweet video. Love watching your vids always. Just wondering what trans you are running? Auto? It seems tough to put up with a lot of hard miles and high hp.
    Cheers
    Luke

7. pinned24/7

pinned24/7 Member

DANZIO!!!I am from Cali and I went to see how your car sounds in person when i went to the Mint. Just gotta say it sounds crazy wicked fast!!! I have a video on you during the qualifying lap and it sounds amazing! But , saying that, what happend to you guys during qualifying?I never saw you guys come back? And what about the race?? I saw you guys at the G-out u turn(not sure what mile) but never came back? what kind of problems did you guys have? Thanks for any replys Josh!

8. crazyeye

crazyeye Active Member

When are you gonna put one of those nifty no lift shifting transmission on that thing

9. pdsurfer

pdsurfer Member

I like!!!!!!

10. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

Sweet!! I'm stoked you came out to check us out!!! During qualifying I had a wheel explode. I ran straight over a medium sized rock that was in the middle of the groove. I thought it would go right over it. I was wrong and the wheel exploded. Durin the race, the torque convertor broke. Never had that happen before either.
    If you have some vieo, post it up!!! I'd like to see it!!! We had a great run going till that friggin wheel exploded!!!

11. pinned24/7

pinned24/7 Member

Damnnn! That sux....cuz in the video we have, at the pace you were goin when you passed us, you could of easily had the #1 postition. But about the video, i cant post because two things. 1, im not that computer inclined (even though im a kid) and 2, we have a camera that is pretty old, and still uses a full VHS tape! Sorry..but you still sound wicked with the surround sound:cool:
    And im pretty motor inclined , but the only other motor that i have heard that turns that many rpm's is nascar engines...what in gods name do you have done to the LS7? all aluminum huh? haha

again Josh, Thanks for the replys!

12. Jess@HighAngle

Jess@HighAngle Member

Josh What part on the converter broke ? the hub ? or internal ? Jess

13. deano

deano McDeano

poor allen

14. loose nut dan

loose nut dan Member

Why does it always look smoother and faster from inside your car than it looks from inside our jeepspeed???

Great vid, sorry about the bad luck.

-Dan

15. BLUEBAJA

BLUEBAJA Member

its all good with no in cab audio. who couldnt love the sound of that Chevy powerplant! Great Video Guys.

16. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

We use unobtanium rockers and 30 weight ball bearings...it's all about ball bearings these days!!

17. pinned24/7

pinned24/7 Member

Well i thought i was motor inclined, until i heard that!! haha what are unobtanium rockers? You mean titanium or is it totally different? Where are the ball bearings in the engine? Where the crank is? Or are those bearings near the muffler bearings and the blinker fluid? jajaja LOL jk!!

18. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

Unobtanium is the shlt that the rest if the engine is made of too!! U just can't get it anywhere!!!!

19. Jess@HighAngle

Jess@HighAngle Member

I guess I am not worthy of a question- Jess

20. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

Convertor still in car. Don't have an answer for u.