What an outrage!!!!!!!!!!! This guys is accusing FastAid after they helped him????

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Jerry Zaiden, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

I just got this off Facebook... I can not believe some people, they get help and then try do bring down a good cause? REALLY?????

Greg watch :33 seconds into the news video where it says you said you are in financial dis-pare around $80,000. Well if you are in such dis-pare why did you just enter a race last weekend?

Greg Fastaid is providing a service out of their hearts to give back to a community they all love. You should be thankful you got what you got! They have near 20 people to help and you are not making it any easier for them to do so.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Non-Profit-Accused-Of-Stealing-Donations-105747628.html
  2. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

Re: What an outrage!!!!!!!!!!! This guys is accusing FastAid after they helped him???

WOW...is all I have to say.
  3. skinny

skinny Member

Re: What an outrage!!!!!!!!!!! This guys is accusing FastAid after they helped him???

I cant believe someone would do this!!
  4. BoothPacific Films

BoothPacific Films Well-Known Member

it sucks when a news agency takes wild speculation and makes it legit news. they should be ashamed.
  5. ktundra

ktundra New Member

It was only a matter of time before the accusations were flying. The worst part is its all non-profit and out of the good of peoples hearts and now its turning to be owed to the victims families versus the kind and generous thoughts behind it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. swu chase1

swu chase1 Member

Jerry , just so you are aware he was racing his SONs car as a tribute to his son you shouldnt bag him for that dont throw stone unless you walked in his shoes the kost of a child is the worst I can think of. he was spending time at his sons passion.he has his thoughts about it and until it is shown to him in black and white he will belive those. no one should stir the pot let them work it out every one slinging mud only makes it worse,LET THEM WORK IT OUT
    1 person likes this.
  7. Tipracer

Tipracer Well-Known Member

copied from nbc san diego website

A family member of an Escondido man killed in a desert racing accident in August is accusing a non-profit organization of withholding money that was raised for families of the crash victims.

Greg Farkas will never get over the loss of his 25-year-old son Aaron. "It's left a big hole in our hearts," Farkas told NBCSanDiego Monday night.

On Aug. 14, Aaron was a spectator at the California 200 race in San Bernardino County, standing along the route of the off-road race. A racing truck lost control and slammed into a crowd of people, killing eight of them including Aaron, and injuring 12 others.

Greg Farkas says the crash also left his family in financial despair. "We're talking in the $80,000 range for medial and funeral costs,"Farkas said.

Local Off-Road Crash Victims
    LOOK Local Off-Road Crash Victims
    The Farkas family contacted Fast Aid, a non-profit organization that helps raise money for victims of race crashes.

Farkas believes Fast Aid has raised at least $500,000 since August.

"A lot of it's cash," said Farkas. "I have a feeling that it's not all going into the account like it's supposed to."

According to Farkas, the organization is giving the 20 families of the California 200 victims, $5,000 to $8,000 each.

NBCSanDiego contacted the president of Fast Aid Jared Tetzlaff, who's also a police officer in Arizona.

He says only about $150,000 has been raised.

"We've kept meticulous records because for us to be a non-profit we have to show where the money comes from so we can give out tax deduction receipts and everything else,"said Tetzlaff.

Farkas doesn't believe it. "I think it needs to be investigated," he said. "There's some cash going away somewhere."

Tetzlaff said he would provide any documents to prove that his organization isn't stealing any money.

Meantime, the Farkas family is now contacting other families, to see if they would support a criminal investigation.
  8. swu chase1

swu chase1 Member

that is true he want a HEADSTONE for his son and was denied he had reached the CAP 8000.00.also THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED IT IS OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF YOUR HEARTS
  9. ScottyA

ScottyA Active Member

sounds like he's working it out on the news!
  10. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Fast Aid is not responsible to give anyone anything. What they have given already is fair to EVERYONE. They have no requirement to cover every single expense a family has. This is not an insurance policy. Where does it stop.....at a CAP thats fair to all.
  11. A Vance

A Vance Active Member

Well its no big deal when they show them all the reciepts where everything has been going and this will all go away. We dont need this bad exposure as we are just getting the ball rolling with racing again. This really makes off road look bad again. They should have everything cleared up this week? Right??????
  12. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

They could have had it cleared up before it ever went on the news if the dad wasn't being ridiculous. They have nothing to hide and all the books are open as always. Some people just see $$ and get greedy, Its really sad.
  13. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I personally offered to go to his house and open up our books and show every dime. He declined. I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make him drink...
  14. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

Well hats off to him for racing his sons race car as a tribute. But to say he is in financial dis-pare standing in his race shop with tens of thousands of dollars in equipment and race cars complaining about FastAid on the news just pissed me off! Why does this guy feel so entitled? Does he not know there are many other families who ALSO really need help? Either way Fast Aid has the right to give what ever amount they want to who ever they want to give it to! Also from what I have been told this guy has and will be the one who got the most help from Fast Aid.

Greg you should be thankful! Trying to ruin the reputation of Fast Aid is sad.
  15. Offroadin73

Offroadin73 Durr

if he contacts andrew's family i will personaly beat the stuffing out of him ....they have been through enough they do not this lunatic asking them questions and trying to get them on his band wagon
  16. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

17. ktundra

ktundra New Member

"Why does this guy feel so entitled?" Jerry nailed it there. This is all about entitlement and this guy is owed or deserves more than the other families.
    1 person likes this.
  18. dezerts10

dezerts10 BANG!! BANG!!

pat and jerod or more then capable of handling this. why not let it be and let the people who actually know whats going on sort this out instead of everyone putting there $.02 in. accusations and threats will do no one any good. Fast-aid knows whats up most of us prolly do to. support fast-aid but leave the silly comments out.

Gregg
  19. *starchik357*

*starchik357* Single

20. johnnyweb

johnnyweb Well-Known Member

All the money in the world won't bring his son back. Sounds like he is venting on Fast-aid. Hope he can get over the lose of his son and move forward in life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.