1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Whats the currently best all around sideXside?

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by crash4519, Nov 8, 2008.

1. crash4519

crash4519 Member

My dad is currently in a midlife chrissis? and i'm close to finishing my class 8 truck and he wants to be out there and help me in the race so he decided that he wants a "rhino" like vehicle to pit for me and have fun so once again i would like to poll the collected intelligence of racedezert before he blows his money on something thats not the best dollar for dollar. I would love to get your guys input on this cause i have also been curious.

Let me know,
    Thanks again,
    Crash

2. OFFRD-JNKIE

OFFRD-JNKIE Well-Known Member

I would get a Rhino for a couple of reasons 1. They are proven and have been around 2. There are so many parts and upgrades available for them which isn't the case for many others. Just my .02

3. crash4519

crash4519 Member

I had heard a rumor that they were going to change the Rhino's suspension next year... can anyone confirm that? that might be worth waiting for

4. KevinC

KevinC Member

I have been looking into the sidexsides recently and on paper and dollar wise it seems that Teryx would be the best bet.

5. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I am a big fan of the Kawasaki. Very roomy and look really cool.

6. charlie_brown

charlie_brown Well-Known Member

i would not get ether. my opinion (and your asking) is that at a race they are to dangers.

7. negro3030

negro3030 50% tortoise 50% hare

Teryx

8. bajaxp

bajaxp Baja Bobsled Team

Hands down a Polaris RZR S. 63 mph stock, comes with long travel stock, Fox Shocks stock, real paint stock, aluminum wheels stock, Maxxis Bighorns stock, etc. Plus they have won the BITD championship in class 19 the last two years in a row. Way more stable than a Rhino and they weigh something like 300 lbs less than a Terex.

9. PACWEST

PACWEST Member

teryx

10. Patricio

Patricio Member

I was thinking of getting one as well and I think the RZR is a great deal and they look small enough stock that they might fit in the back of a truck. Do they?

11. bajaxp

bajaxp Baja Bobsled Team

The standard RZR fits easily, but the RZR 'S' is 10" wider and it will fit, but barely.

12. Random Thoughts Racing

Random Thoughts Racing Well-Known Member

Bypass the sxs and go Trophylite, CL1 Lite, Mason etc. It can be your prerunner also...

13. bajaxp

bajaxp Baja Bobsled Team

Are those things selling for $10k-$14k?:p If so I want one too!:)

14. jtgroover

jtgroover New Member

I say your only two options (maybe three) does not include the Rasor for the simple fact of he wants to pit out of it and the RZR is a sport utv not a all around

WHich leaves:
    Rhino
    Teryx
    Ranger.

If he wants to buy used go Rhino, there is a ton of Killer deals out there on Modded Rhinos.

If buying new teryx hands down. Stock teryx should fit in the bed of a truck Mine fit in my 1997 F-250 long bed prior to Long travel. you cannot beat 750V-Twin power adn not a bad ride stock. Long travel and a CDI and the teryx is a smoking machine.

15. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

I passed a girl in a Razor in my Alumi-craft 4 seater out at Primm. We were running in some pretty big sand whoops just after the cross-grain area......(north of the cross grain and after going through the fence) She was flat out getting it....It looked stock and she was flying....I had to get after it just to pass her......I was really impressed with the way the Razor was working....I cruised next to her a safe distance away just to watch it work through the whoops......I would love to have a Razor....Especially the new S model........

16. jo maoma

jo maoma Heisenberg

did it really take 12 posts to get to the univeral answer to every question - trophy light...

....you people are slipping. :D

(+2) 2 people like this.
  17. loufish

loufish Member

Rhinos are for hauling deer...
    RZR-S is for hauling *****...

Friend just got one severel weeks ago, took it out last weekend to the Wagon Wheel area...VERY impessed! Great power, and soaks up the whoops pretty darn good.

18. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

Why not buy a good 86-94 Toyota 4wd pickup? Cheaper, safer, more versatile, and AIR CONDITIONED. Plus, it's easily licensed and doesn't require a truck or trailer to haul it around? If he did want to spend as much money as a good used UTV, he could put long travel on the Toy, IMHO.

19. DJDIRTWORKS

DJDIRTWORKS Member

For sport-RZR-S.
    How can you beat factory-backed long-travel suspension? And an avaiable extended warranty? Plus there is a ton of aftermarket support for the RZR.
    Besides, for cool(or not-depends on your preference) bragging rights, Robby Gordon has had a hand with Polaris now for about a year or so, and I beleive had input on the S.

20. BlueCrace

BlueCrace Member

Teryx. see attached

Attached Files: