1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Worlds fastest (mph) drift...

Discussion in 'Rally Racing' started by EVO Racing, Sep 5, 2011.

1. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

I been looking for for the worlds fastest drift. I been able to fined many cool videos on the net. But no luck on a mph drift record.... So hopping you can help.... Tx

2. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

I found the worls longest DRIFT...

Mauro Calo kept his Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG sliding sideways for almost eight laps to smash the world drifting record on Sunday (June 20, 2011 at Mercedes-Benz World in Weybridge, England. Calo, a Mercedes-Benz test driver who works at the track, achieved a total distance of 1.43 miles in the record-breaking drift, beating the previous record held by Vaughn Gittin Jr., according to Guinness World Records. Calo beat the previous record by about one-quarter of a mile.

[video=youtube;CCVD3_YWfdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCVD3_YWfdg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

3. hendersoned

hendersoned Member

lots of land speed record attempts end up sideways on the salt, does that count? I bet they drift on the far side of 300mph!!

4. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

300 mph entry speed for a drift would be wicket...! But doesn't count. Im sure going sideways is the last thing a land speed guy wants to be thinking of....

5. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

This is what I found when I google "perfect drift".....

[video]m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=_CK94zCXsKI[/video]

6. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

:(Sorry guys, that was the wrong link above... (Dont click on above link if you havent done so yet)....
    FOR THE DRIFTING GUYS... WHAT IS YOUR ENTRY SPEED ON A SIMILAR DRIFT???:confused:

[video=youtube;ZBSVqOc-CN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZBSVqOc-CN4[/video]

Anyone know what they are saying???

7. .CAL.Photo.

.CAL.Photo. New Member

That last video is Fing amazing!

8. brad_m

brad_m New Member

The entry speed on the initiation at 1:35 and 2:25 in that video are 106mph.. This was at Las Vegas last month, probably our fastest track on the circuit now..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  9. renagade

renagade Member

In NZ, we have a race track call pukekohe. It has the infamous sweeper that starts the judged section.

The normal entry speed for the drifters is around 200-220kph or around ~135mph, as far as im aware ,it was regarded as the fastest drifting corner in the world.

[video=youtube;YDtE-abqaBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDtE-abqaBw[/video]

10. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

So,,,,,,,,,, 135 mph - is the fastest drift...? I was hopping there was somimg faster...!

Come on hustler from mad media.... You got something for us???????!

11. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

SIC VIDEOS GUYS.....!

Maybe madmedia should film Mr Ken Block killing the woulds fastest drift....? If this happans, I get to watch the filming of it....!

Ken could kill 3 records in 1 day... Worlds fastest drift, worlds longest drift in a straight line and the worlds longest drift....

12. 200MPHTape

200MPHTape Well-Known Member

I don't know much about this sport but the sound of the V8 still rules.

13. 14802

14802 Member

Looks faster than 135mph, but did not save it. Does it count???

14. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

Looks cool and I would agree with you on it being over 135 mph but he lost it at the end.....

15. dirtyimpreza

dirtyimpreza Member

I would imagine that the land speed guys would not be too happy about getting sideways!

This one isn't the fastest but still one of my favorites (and while racing, not just a smokey burnout show)

16. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

It is a sic drift....!

17. gbird

gbird New Member

This is the world's fastest drift with a Nissan GTR-R35 at 233mph. The AMS Alpha Omega GT-R.
    [video=youtube;iBO8qMRDoBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBO8qMRDoBE&feature=g-vrec[/video]

18. MADMEDIA

MADMEDIA Hustler

In Gymkhana 1 Ken's drift was about 120, but we were scared he was going to roll due to the 3-6 inch concrete lips everywhere at El Toro. Looks like we got another thing to get done this year!

19. Finch

Finch New Member

do this idiots count?

ken blocks videos kick ass