race-deZert

MTPyle
MTPyle
The internet is a mess. Super complicated and after awhile you give up. Great for email, text, and calls. Not good for internet. You might have better luck but I spent hours on it and called tech support and still could not get it working right. And it uses their browser app that’s horrible. Sorry I wish I could say I loved it.

Mike
P
power8888
thank you for the response, are you familiar with any other satellite wifi ? also i believe i saw you post that you are a pilot, for a living? pleasure? i took lessons years ago and never got to finish but am thinking of pursuing it again.

thanks, bill
MTPyle
MTPyle
I have not found another internet sat device that works.

Yes I am a Instrument Multi engine pilot. I have a Cessna C421 Twin Piston to commute to work in LA from Utah. I do all my work down there but can’t afford to race and live in LA. Haha. I just got the twin. I flew a Piper Mirage before that. It was a great pressurized single. Flying is great but it’s a lot of work. Haha

Mike
P
power8888
when i was taking my pilots license a hundred years ago my instructor was actually a friend of mine that was a charter pilot in a 421 golden eagle and since then it has been my dream plane, i look at them all the time on the internet, maybe some day i will go back and finish my license. sorry for the side track. Maybe someday i can pay you to take me for a ride. thanks again for the help

bill wolfard
MTPyle
MTPyle
you should do it. Yolo Haha. took me a lot of work and training to get to the 421. I started in Arrow, then PA32, PA46, and 421.I didn’t understand the insurance. Even with over a 1000 hours I had a hard time getting insurance on the 421. It’s a complex high work load plane. But the 421 is powerful roomy. Our 421 is the single most important part of our lifestyle now. I would love to take you for a flight
P
power8888
from my reading it takes someone who understands the engines and how to use them to make them "last", every other thing i have read everyone loves how quite they are etc. when is your next race?