01' 2500hd shaft/u joint/carrier bearing alternatives

jsmstorm

Hey all, I have an 01' Chevy 2500 hd and the carrier bearing is starting to take a crap on me. I plan on swapping out the u-joints when I do the carrier bearing as well. I am just wondering if anyone has a better alternative than the stock u joints and carrier bearing. Every truck I have ever had with a carrier bearing I have had to replace several times and needless to say it is getting old. Thanks in advance for the help all!
Jerrod

Jess@HighAngle

Dana spicer U joints are best- The carrier oem is actually best from gm for dynamic reasons , If this is lifted then a c/v past the carrier with pinion angle 2 degree's lower then the rear shaft is ideal . Jess

Jess@HighAngle

Well I'm sure there are others who offer the c/v joint in the center of the shaft - But yes we feel we have good product , if you have take off chatter or high speed vibs this c/v in the middle is the best way to get rid of that , Also it helps the carrier bearing stay alive due to vibs killing the bearing rubber - here's a pic- This was off an 08' taco but its the same idea - Jess