02 f150 4x4

Joeybarra

Reaction
Hey guys I have an 02 f150 4x4 and I want to long travel it I’m having a hard time trying to find a kit for the front end. I’m not looking to go full race mode because I live in Tennessee now so any suggestions on how I should go about it. I have never built a prerunner or long traveled anything so would it be better to buy a kit or build my own I have a buddy with a lot of welding experience that can teach me how to weld I want to do it on my own but I kind a need advice. I want to do a long travel Devers set up for the rear and I don’t wanna do a full bed cage set up I just want to cut holes in the bed and run the cage towards the front end of the bed because I still want to Utilize the bed and I have another question if I long travel the rear with long travel leaf springs and shocks would I still be able to toe maybe a 30 foot RV with the long travel set up in the rear or would that droop too much

jhorton141

Reaction
anyone who has a true long travel for a 4x4 is going to be full race mode. blitzkreg, vegas dezert fab, dixon bros has a 4x4 kit. finding a WIY kit... have fun with that lol.
a buddy with welding experience is cool but you need someone who does fabrication too not just welding. deaver f49s are great paired with a good drop shackle. if you want a nice low profile bedcage ,just build one yourself and base it off the dirt king silverado prefabbed bedcage. its tow and not sure why you'd tow with the tow
with the "toy" but it wouldn't be droop you'd worry about. its weight and sagging. droop is the distance from your rear end travels downward from the frame when there's no resistance (the ground) just buy a separate towing truck so you can tow the rv and you can toy the toy just incase it breaks while you're driving it.