• Forum membership has its advantages....

04 chevy silverado preruner axle

fran_chez_

i have a 04 silverado 1500 2wd and the spider gears went out on me. stock axle stock gears on 37" projects. what do u guys recommend running? i want something stronger than stock but not over 1500.
i am going with 4.56s gears for sure. and im thinking of running an AUBURN limited slip to get rid of the spider gears.
It is going to be street driven so i want the limited slip. in the future locker will be in mind.

Shop quoted me 1260 installed for gears and AUBURN limited slip, seals and all that. Is this a good way to go or what do u guys recommend??

FYI i have deavers with fox 18" 2.5 bypasses, cst long travel kit up front with fox 10" 2.5 coilovers

SanJuan28

TBH man i would save money for a built rear end, specially with the setup you have now. You cant expect to have stronger than stock axles and gears for 1500 bucks. I learned, that way as well. I would rebuild the rear end you have now for as cheap as you can, and baby the truck until you can get a currie or camburg with 35 spline axles and built housing. Other wise itll just keep happening again and again.

brandon819

DUDE Don't spend that much money, the same exact thing happened to me a few days ago... I have the stock 10 bolt with 37 projects as well.. I just bought the 4 spider gears for 160.00 for a temporary fix until I get a bigger axle. Put the gears in yourself it's so easy if you need help let me know, or look on youtube. Get a Ford 9" with 4.56s