05 KTM 525sx HELP!!!

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
plus labor...

you ask for help on quoting a bike. right now i would say $2,000.. maybe.. someone thats looking seriously into purchasing a bike will look for exactly that. chain and sprokets, tires, and grips. spend $200 make those 3 things look new and you could get $2,500 and save a lot of hassle..

you have a very hard used bike that has been rode hard and put away dirty. anyone that knows anything will eat you alive on the price. not to mention looking at the condition of everything, your bearings are shot all the way around, brake pads are probably worn to the point of replacement etc....

sorry to sound like a dick, but 2 hours of your priceless "labor" that you dont have any time for will end up making you a lot more money off your investment.

57Racer

Reaction
Just to give you an idea, the local craigslist around here in phoenix has 525's selling for $3500-5000. Whether or not they are actually selling them, who knows.

kenaroo

Reaction
I'm with racer dude too..

looking at the pictues..

I'd say you could get someone to pay you $2500 as is.. It looks clapped out and in rough shape.

say with $200 to $300 to buy new tires (cheap ones) basic graphic kit (new old stock on discount), new grips and a seat cover you could get $3000 or $3200 for it

regardless. as a buyer.. I'm going to look for the best price on a used bike.. I'd pass on this one because there are better "looking" ones out there.

you got to look as if you were in the market and what you'd be looking for as a buyer.

investing in a little more time and money to fix it up will get you a little more profit.

kenaroo

Reaction
plus.. spray that thing with proclean 1000 plastic shine.

it will make that bike pop

57Racer

Reaction
Keep us posted on what you actually list and sell it for.