07-09 Tundra Fiberglass

michael_loomis

Reaction
I haven't seen too much available. Any pics floating around? Plans for some molds?

Jerry, any idea who did the TRD Tundra? That glass is awesome.

michael_loomis

Reaction
by trd do you mean t force?. because none of the glass there would fit any tundra
uhhhh... no. By trd, I mean Toyota Racing Developement. This one to be exact...

michael_loomis

Reaction
Glassworks has some good looking stuff
The front looks pretty good... but I dont like the back.

Do you guys anything in the works?

baja619

Reaction
I dont think TRD or Toyota is in the business of selling prototype parts. 5-axis is likely behind the construction of the vehicle styling you linked and I am sure you are not wanting to climb up that tree.

baja619

Reaction
WE built some late model 4runner fenders which wont work on your vehicle. If I were you Michael, I would pick up the Glasswors set and shape clay or foam so that you can set the panels they way you prefer.

Even if it is too much back there, you can cut out the section and create a frame or structure and than fill with foam to achieve that certain look.

michael_loomis

Reaction
hmm.. a little pricey, eh? haha

I think Camburg did the suspension on this truck.. but I was hoping to see some aftermarket glass go in this direction. Pretty cool lookin.

michael_loomis

Reaction
WE built some late model 4runner fenders which wont work on your vehicle. If I were you Michael, I would pick up the Glasswors set and shape clay or foam so that you can set the panels they way you prefer.

Even if it is too much back there, you can cut out the section and create a frame or structure and than fill with foam to achieve that certain look.
Gotcha.. thanks for the tip!

The Desert Shop

Reaction
Michael, we tried to get the molds for those fenders on the orange Tundra, but they do not have them from what we were told, shame they are a very nice design very similar to our fender from what we were told. The bedsides on that black tundra are not ours, they were done by someone else and do not work for a stock bed application. We are working on bedsides but will not be out til mid Oct. maybe even Nov. 2009

michael_loomis

Reaction
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Cant wait to see your bedsides.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Not yet.. Im going Bro status yo!

haha.. everything is going to have to go on at once. I dont think I can get 35's without a disco lift... and I dont really wanna spend 5k for an LT kit, so I havent decided.

I'll probably just go with bolt on shocks, upper arms, glass, tires and wheels for now. Rob wants me to Two Tone it, and all four fenders have small/medium dings/dents in them. I want to have Rob paint the top black, over the factory silver.

Something like this, but trade the green for red.. and more desert and less disco...

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
You'll be DGAF for life with that Michael...

Red for green huh?? not ORANGE???:D

Being a proud member of the Orange Army and all....

I like the top black idea, then fade into orange, then fade into silver....

Oh yeah, I know, "do that on your own truck":rolleyes:

Still sounds awesome and I'm sure it'll look and perform great.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Uhhhh negative. Going to match MY color scheme. :)

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The Orange truck fenders were from 5axis. Very cool design for sure. Glassworks unlimited came out with some fenders modeled after our Tundra concept drawing. We did not like them very much and begged Tim to make some fender with his standard style. Tim came through with what i think are the best looking bolt on fenders for this truck. As for the rear he has the bed in his shop getting all work on as we speak. They look really nice so far, kind of like what he does for the 2005 Tacoma trucks...

Here are a few pictures of the Glassworks Unlimited front fenders for your truck... The rears match very well! THis truck has our coilovers with an upper arm. All you need is the fiberglass and a body mount mod....

Attachments

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Hey Jerry I seen that truck by Newport Lexus, looks bad azz!!!!!!!!!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Wow.. That white truck is sexy.. Exactly what I'll be shooting for if this job of mine straightens out!! Lol