07 suburban

azfitter

Reaction
Are there any options for the frontend on a 07 suburban other than a strut spacer. I am not looking for anything extreme just something with enough clearence for 33's. Are any of the parts for the newer silverados compatable?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
yes the 07 and tahoes/suburbans have the same front ends as the silverados. 2 and 4wd is the same too.

here is an option for you to level it out a bit and make it ride a little nicer on the trails.

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=frontsuspkits_07chevy_UCA

call for more info about the pricing on the shocks and steering kit.

and also in a week or so will have the mid travel spindle lift kits coming to life too.

jamminjeff10

Reaction
Bilstein makes a cheap and simple leveling strut that will lift it about 2" in the front. Really simple, just replaces the factory front strut. Good ride and good price.

Although i really like the looks of that BMS kit if youare going off road!

jeff

Reaction
I installed an Icon coilover providing 2" of lift on my 2007 Yukon running 285/70/17 Nittos. It's a little more "sporty" on the street and works well off-road for the long rollers. In the chop it's worse because the suspension tops out quickly. I've been considering the BMS upper arm but haven't pulled the trigger because it would give me a reason to take a vehicle off-road that really has no business going off-road.

The Bilstein adjustable spring seat strut rides decent but as with any spacer / coilover / strut replacement that provides lift you end up reducing the amount of rebound travel at ride height and this doesn't make for a very smooth ride off-road or on crap SoCal roadways. The BMS upper arm and a coilover / strut designed to provide additional rebound travel is the hot setup if you want minimal lift and good on and off-road performance. Nothing wrong with the spacers either, just make sure it's a 1-piece dealio that doesn't increase the preload on the springs.

Aloha