09 CRF450R Question

57Racer

Reaction
Another reason not to buy the R over the X (if you still insist on Honda for some reason) is the transmission. The R is a close ratio gear box and will max out too soon. The X is wider ratio (less shifts) and you can have a much higher overall speed without being WFO all the time...
There is people that will say, "oh just change the sprocket gearing" but that just results on more wear and tear on the motor and transmission. The proper internal gearing from the get go is the way.
Still say get the KLX450, hard to go wrong...

CaptinCrash

Reaction
can you put the x gear box on the r or x gears on the r

5th_PINNED

Reaction
Check out the diffrence in price this make a diffrence for you I work at otd cyclesports.

2007 $4799.00 otd
2008 $5299.00 otd
2009 $6999.00 otd

I would not buy a 2009 I would wait for a 2010 if you have any questions let me know Kevin

wow i was thinking of buying a 09 450r here in Vegas an i though i was getting a good deal at 8500 otd
the freight and set-up fees here are insane

where is OTD cyclesports? because im goin to be purchasing one here in the next couple days

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I still dont know why anyone would buy a first year model anything!:confused:

Dezertpilot

Reaction
well i need to buy a 450 in early september
what bike would you recommend?

Does it have to be an R model? Does it have to be new? And does it have to be FI? Take for example the 2009 kx450f is an awesome bike FI spot on, but Kawi made a host of changes to make it even better like different piston design, etc. I dont feel like naming them all but their is a lot.

Gio188

Reaction
I still dont know why anyone would buy a first year model anything!:confused:
Am actually going to wait out buying a new bike a little longer. I got to test out a friends 09 kx450f and I loved the thing, and I heard the '10 is supposed to improve on the 09 model... I have been hearing lots of good things about the new yamaha coming out as well but then again it will completly new and am sure it will have it's quirks here and there...

I appreciate everybody's opinion on this, right now am leaning on waiting 2010 to see if Honda is able to solve the issues that have seemed to plague the 09. I also want to keep an eye out for that new Yamaha. For now am staying put with my 06 crf450r.

Thanks again :D

Gio188

Reaction
After a couple of posts it seemed to me that he had already made up his mind on the R and wasn't likely to be convinced otherwise, he was more wanting info on the new vs. the old.

Exactly, if it came down to a 450r vs a 450x it would be the R model. Same thing goes for other manufacturers like Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc.

The exception would be would be a KTM XC, those bikes do it just about all, but they are up there in msrp and price for parts $

5th_PINNED

Reaction
Does it have to be an R model? Does it have to be new? And does it have to be FI? Take for example the 2009 kx450f is an awesome bike FI spot on, but Kawi made a host of changes to make it even better like different piston design, etc. I dont feel like naming them all but their is a lot.

the kawi sounds like a great bike but i want a honda
i figure i just go with the 08 model i've actually ridden one of those and its a MEAN MEAN bike. what do you guys think?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
The exception would be would be a KTM XC, those bikes do it just about all, but they are up there in msrp and price for parts $

You would be surprised on the price of the KTM parts, not as bad as you would think. Are you talking about the 505xc? I think thats what it is, yeah that bike is an awesome all around bike and kicks ass at almost everything, just needs an elec. start jajaja

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Am actually going to wait out buying a new bike a little longer. I got to test out a friends 09 kx450f and I loved the thing, and I heard the '10 is supposed to improve on the 09 model... I have been hearing lots of good things about the new yamaha coming out as well but then again it will completly new and am sure it will have it's quirks here and there...

Bigest change I believe is the piston design, pick up the newest issue of Dirtbike and it lists all the changes for the 2010 kx450f.

Gio188

Reaction
You would be surprised on the price of the KTM parts, not as bad as you would think. Are you talking about the 505xc? I think thats what it is, yeah that bike is an awesome all around bike and kicks ass at almost everything, just needs an elec. start jajaja

The 505xc actually comes with electric start, i dont even think it has a kickstarter! That bike is so sweet though, all the XC line of bikes are nice. I think it was dirt rider that called the XC-F 450 the best do it all bike

Dezertpilot

Reaction
The 505xc actually comes with electric start, i dont even think it has a kickstarter! That bike is so sweet though, all the XC line of bikes are nice. I think it was dirt rider that called the XC-F 450 the best do it all bike

LOL thats what I meant sorry. The 505xc-f IMO needs a back up kick starter. That is the bike you take to the track then to the desert with a switch of just a few items.