09KX450F and RMZ450 EFI

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Hey everyone FYI we had a 09 KX450F EFI we did some testing and that bike can handle powering a 8" HID light for those who race and can power one of our Dual Sport kits for those who trail ride! We have a RMZ450 in the shop right now and looks to be the same for Suzuki lighting wise. We will have the Honda 09CRF450R in the shop by Monday to do some testing with as well. I will keep everyone updated as things progress.

worcs761

Reaction
Interesting. I am interested to know the results for all the bikes listed. When you have the results please post them!
For some reason I prefer a more moto related bike vs. a wide ratio bike in the Dez.

worcs761

Reaction
Interesting. I am interested to know the results for all the bikes listed. When you have the results please post them!
For some reason I prefer a more moto related bike vs. a wide ratio bike in the Dez.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
The KX450F and RMZ450 really isn't much more room to improve on the rewind. The CRF450R we currently have right now we might be able to squeeze more out of that one. We are doing more testing as the week ends and I'll keep you guys posted.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
So here's a update on the Honda CRF450R EFI bike it can power a HID, but the stator will have to be rewound for a little more output. So all 3 bikes being EFI Kaw, Suz and Hon. can successfully power HID lighting!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
How would an external stator even work?

tundraman

Reaction
Yeah there is no way to install and external stator on those bikes since the stator is attached to the side case.

eschettler

Reaction
Hey everyone FYI we had a 09 KX450F EFI we did some testing and that bike can handle powering a 8" HID light for those who race and can power one of our Dual Sport kits for those who trail ride! We have a RMZ450 in the shop right now and looks to be the same for Suzuki lighting wise. We will have the Honda 09CRF450R in the shop by Monday to do some testing with as well. I will keep everyone updated as things progress.
Really. That's great. So do you guys offer a harness to tap into the capacitor? I already have one of your lights for another bike so if all I need is a cheap harness that would be great.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
We do have the custom harness and the plugs to tap into the capacitor. I would recommend you send the light to us so its done correctly. Feel free to call me for a quote and lead time to have it done correctly.