• Forum membership has its advantages....

1/1600 fuel cell help(?)

BajaboundMoto

She solo'd last year on a bike... Looks like 1 thing keeping Jennifer from entering this years Mexican 1000, new tank isn't going to be ready.

Does anyone have a legal one we could buy or borrow?
Needs a slanted tunnel
30" wide

Pics of the old tank so you get the idea.

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1490472789.640205.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1490472850.494751.jpg

And the '82 Raceco 1-1600 pre-rebuild
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1490472896.380356.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

T&CHarvey

We had an issue with the fuel cell in our old raceco because they were built narrower back then. Fuel Safe built a custom cell but it took a couple months and was expensive. I would just get a 20 gallon Jazz or Fuel Safe box type cell and build a frame that sits just above the trans and mount it there. I've seen that setup on some of the older 16 cars in Snore.

LantanaTX

Might also post on FB 1600 racers page. They are very active and I bet someone will loan you one

Rory

Crayola Killer
How about using an old Jaz or red Fuel Safe cell? I know a 20-25 gallon cell would fit behind the seat above the trans and you should be able to find one for around $300-$500. You will most likely have to move a tube and make some mounts but it is an easy quick fix and not as costly as a new cell ($approx $1500?). Just an idea since you're in a pinch.

harleys dad

I aggree, use a cell above the trans, dont miss the race over a cell

scary fast hummer

How about using an old Jaz or red Fuel Safe cell? I know a 20-25 gallon cell would fit behind the seat above the trans and you should be able to find one for around $300-$500. You will most likely have to move a tube and make some mounts but it is an easy quick fix and not as costly as a new cell ($approx $1500?). Just an idea since you're in a pinch.

I had the same problem with a standard cell. Even less room in the back as my rig is tandem seated (fore and aft). I used a 22 gal Jaz cell with no filler hole drilled in it. It came with only one small hose fitting hole. To make it fit my buggy I turned it on its side so it was narrow and tall and sit directly above gearbox. Had tin bent for the can and put the pick up through the only fitting hole in the side. Cut and drilled the narrow top to fit a 45' filler neck. Works a treat. Ordered the cell through Summit but you could probably order it straight from Jaz as well. As I did all the work myself and re-used the filler neck from something else, probably only have $500 in it including all the AN fittings. ( splash bulkhead added between cell and seat since pic was taken!) Headed for the NORRA M1K in a few weeks with it.

20170112_143412.jpg