• Forum membership has its advantages....

1/4-Scale V8 powered Grave Digger RC Monster Truck!!!

MAC FAB

I was just looking at that motor yesterday, wondering how you could make it "dirt proof" to put in a trophy truck. Conley has a cool Cobra car with that motor, as well as a T bucket if that floats your boat, for close to $19K each. It sounds way cool, nice fab job building it. Must be nice to be a baller :^)

Chris Tobin

1/3 scale is big! I think I'll sticl with my 1/10-1/8 scale stuff...

But I do love that V8!!! I wonder how many he sells at $8000 each??? In the video it looked like he has TONS of parts but I can't picture many people buying a scale V8 for more than $8000, and a lot more if you want the supercharger and the other cool options! Gee I paid less than half of that for my 1/1-scale Chevy Silverado with its 500 HP Duramax!!!

MAC FAB

My thoughts exactly. If it were parked, or start it up and blurp the gas, show mobile. I'll stick to my buggy builds and eventually at TT as time permits.

sb4pro

Totally agree Chris , you already know what I've done in 1/10th and 1/8th scale . Those are both really cool trucks but sometimes you can go TOO big .

Chris Tobin

I drive my 1/1 scale truck a lot more than my 1/10 or 1/8th scale trucks!

sb4pro

Hell Im STILL adding details to mine , I keep going and I'll have as much invested in my 1/10th scale as that 1/3rd scale lol
image.jpg

Chris Tobin

That's not good... I'm trying to put money into my full scale truck so I can get it out in the desert rather than the scaled down play ones...

Chris Tobin

I'm not close to deserts either, but I hope to drive my truck out west then run a desert race and drive it back home to Tennessee!!! I don't expect to win or compete with any of the fast trucks but I want to complete the race in one piece and drive the truck back home. I think a big heavy diesel truck is one that can do it!!!

MAC FAB

I'm not close to deserts either, but I hope to drive my truck out west then run a desert race and drive it back home to Tennessee!!! I don't expect to win or compete with any of the fast trucks but I want to complete the race in one piece and drive the truck back home. I think a big heavy diesel truck is one that can do it!!!
Then you could scratch it off your bucket list. Do the San Felipe 250, then you will have run baja as well!

Chris Tobin

Then you could scratch it off your bucket list. Do the San Felipe 250, then you will have run baja as well!
I've preran, chased and co-dogged in Baja already, but not in my own truck. I preran and chased with Will Higman and his Class 10 team and raced with RPM Offroad in their Class 2 truck in the 2012 Baja 1000.

San Felipe 250 is a great race, but probably won't be on the list for my truck... 12-14-inches of front travel and a lot of weight probably would not be too fun for miles and miles of whoops...

I'd like to do the 1000 eventually but realistically I see running the truck in one of the Texas desert races for its first race, then if that goes well move up to the challenge of running a BITD race like V2R, Parker, Silver State or the Mint 400... Then maybe one of the big Baja races like the 500 or 1000...

Baby steps for sure as we still need to cage it and do a lot more with the truck first! And a freelance editor/photographer does not rake in the cash like some think I do!!! So saving for parts is a long time adventure!!!