1 Race

trenchless

If you could only make it to one race a year as a spectator, coming from the east coast, staying at a motel, renting a car/truck so you can get out to see some action on your own or hooking up with any of you that are in the ''know'' which race would it be?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
SNORE = Mint 400
SCORE = Primm (assuming you are not including Mexico in your travel plans)
BITD = Parker 425

Those are my picks - But it also depends if you have class favorite as each series has lots of classes with mre of some than others for each class - All 3 are hotel friendly, spectator friendly and have great turn outs -

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
the most spectator friendly race is laughlin honestly, just because of the short track and lots of laps. if you want to come see a real race, come to the Mint 400 or Parker 425. both races will have huge turnouts again next year.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Actually I would go to a CORR race at Chula Vista. I am a total desert rat, but if spectating is your number one criteria...then CORR.

But if you want experience Mexico...go to the 1000. Hook up with someone with experience here on RDC and go to contingency then find a great spot to spectate a ways into the race.

dan200

#BSF200
All the Baja races are rad and you will get the whole baja experience which can only be felt and not explained but it would be better if you did not go in blind. What I mean is having someone who has been there before and speaks some spanish would make the trip much more practical as they could show you around etc.

Otherwise I would pick Parker 425. You can walk around the pits and right out on to the "Python". It is up close and in your face. Plenty of guys rolled over in the python this year and we were helping flip the cars back over. Very exciting.

The camping along shea rd is cool too. and free.

Ziggy

Crandon Wisconsin.2 mile track,40,000 crazed fans and the most exciting short course off road racing you will ever see in your life.
Its also very affordable family fun.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Im going for a slightly biased choice for the Parker 425, great spectating great town great fun. I would say the baja races but safety and logistics are always a question. CORR is always a great choice too, definatly worth seeing after parker.

EASTCOAST DUKE

Iwould say any race at PRIMM or LAS VEGAS,just for the simplicity of things.race,bar,
hotel allwithin waking distance!!!!!I would love to do baja but not now!!!!

SPROCKET

SAN FELIPE
hands down the best race to go to.

jjordan

If your willing to go into baja the san felipe 250 is awesome time..right on the water, perfect weather and easy to go watch in a few spots...otherwise Parker 425

Dezertpilot

WickedGravityVideo

1. SCORE Baja500 -- starts and ends in same place in one day (unlike most B1ks). Get the crazy tech/contingency
that does not exist in USA. Get to see Robby Gordon and most trophy trucks of any race. Big field in each class.
MOTOS as well as 4 wheeled classes! Only BITD Vegas-Reno has that bonus.

2. BITD Parker 425 --- best of BITD, friendly town, infield crazy action. Good tech/cont., time trials are the best part of the race -- SCORE/SNORE don't have.

3. SNORE Battle at Primm: Fairly short 6-8 mile course, based in Primm, multiple races, great organization, Tree bar, food/lodging right there.

4. SCORE Laughlin - used to be up near #1, but getting worse each year, it seems.

Just my humble opinion -- nobody hit me!!! (ducking)

trent06

Mush
Best race in the U.S. is the Parker 425, just my opinion!

Do it right it you come. Get there Wednesday night.
Thursday - Watch the best qualifying of the season with the biggest numbers here. Drivers are on the edge, everyone is trying to get that points lead and carry through the season. (Not that at every race the drivers arent on that edge) LOL.
Friday - Contingency all day, etc.
Saturday - Race starts in the main street of town, watch the first 150 vehicles go off the line or watch every vehicle from about RM 4, then head out to shea road and watch the leaders come back in. Watch almost every truck finish the first lap and head to the python. Kick back and watch racing from there until the sun goes down.
Sunday - Hangover Recovery and travel home safely.

Thats what I would do if I could only go to one race a year...:confused:

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Best race in the U.S. is the Parker 425, just my opinion!

Do it right it you come. Get there Wednesday night.
Thursday - Watch the best qualifying of the season with the biggest numbers here. Drivers are on the edge, everyone is trying to get that points lead and carry through the season. (Not that at every race the drivers arent on that edge) LOL.
Friday - Contingency all day, etc.
Saturday - Race starts in the main street of town, watch the first 150 vehicles go off the line or watch every vehicle from about RM 4, then head out to shea road and watch the leaders come back in. Watch almost every truck finish the first lap and head to the python. Kick back and watch racing from there until the sun goes down.
Sunday - Hangover Recovery and travel home safely.

Thats what I would do if I could only go to one race a year...:confused:
What he said!!!

OldStroppeTeam

Parker 425, Because I get to sleep in my own bed..
A bunch of friends come out and stay at the house and they bring the food!...
and I don't have a loooong drive home on Sunday !!

Ziggy

There is a section at Crandon called the "Back 40" and the truth be known about half of the kids that camp there never get to see the race.Its a big party for a lot of the younger folk.
Its an Awesome track.
Looks like Parker 425 got rave reviews so I will check it out .
Thanks.