$10,000.00 to win????????

LORENZ

Is the Yamaha 1000cc 4cyl snowmobile motor exotic? How about the Artic cat 1000cc Vtwin that's in thier UTV?

These motors are going to be the next wave of transplants. I read you rules... "exoctic" motors are not allowed?

paid4

hi im the tech inspector for ocorr we are considering exotic motors to be not was the original design that came with the utv. But if there bored and stroked and add ons is ok .

UPDATE to UTV $10,000.00 to win race

OK. We here at OCORR are trying to get this race together and we realize this is short notice, and we realize it is Memorial Day weekend, and we realize 100 UTV's showing up at any event might be a bit too optimistic. So here is what we did. We lowered the minimum number of entries to 20 cars ($2,000 to first, $200 to second, and $100 to third). We are also going to do everything we can to make sure whe have at least 20 entries (even if I have to drive down from NorCal ). We are already getting a favorable response in that we have a number of preregistered teams (that will be updated today) and a lot of great feedback. So come on UTV racers, GET OUT HERE ON THE 23RD AND LETS GO RACING!!! What else were you going to do, set around a drink beer and watch someone else race?

BANNED4LIFE

"up to" $10,000............why not say "up to" $10 million or $10 billion.........ur funny

BANNED4LIFE said:
"up to" $10,000............why not say "up to" $10 million or $10 billion.........ur funny
Hmmm? Not sure how to take that. The purse is based on number of cars entered (like many races I have seen here and on other forums). If we get 100+ cars racing, the first place prize will be $10,000.00. Since this is such short notice, and it is a holiday weekend, we have lowered the minimum car entries to 20 with a first place prize starting at $2,000.00. More cars entered, bigger purse.
We understand we are late in getting this announcement out but are planning this to be an annual event (along with other class specific special events and equivalent purses) and expect to see better turnouts each year.

Hope to see you there ;)

BANNED4LIFE

Hmmm? Not sure how to take that. The purse is based on number of cars entered (like many races I have seen here and on other forums). If we get 100+ cars racing, the first place prize will be $10,000.00. Since this is such short notice, and it is a holiday weekend, we have lowered the minimum car entries to 20 with a first place prize starting at $2,000.00. More cars entered, bigger purse.
We understand we are late in getting this announcement out but are planning this to be an annual event (along with other class specific special events and equivalent purses) and expect to see better turnouts each year.

Hope to see you there ;)
DO NOT advertise 10k to win if your not paying it!!!! its bullshat........what part dont you understand?....when you say "if" and "up to" that is BS........if my aunt had balls , she'd be my uncle..................

LORENZ

Ok, let me help you out a little.

1) No body knows were Amargosa, NV is. It took 45 seconds to a minute to figure it out after misspelling it twice... You have 5 seconds these days to get your info accross.
-Let guys know your outside of Las Vegas on the front of your website, and in the title of your future posts.

2) Your going to be hard pressed to get 100 UTV's to any race. You guys being way out in BFE doesn't help. Saboba may have just had one of the larger UTV turn outs and I don't think they got close to 100 entries?

3) $10,000 to the winner sounds like one heck of a purse..... If you have a $25k+ UTV and can run up front. Most guys don't have this kind of equipment, thus, your attracting a handful of Race UTV's. The average guy knows he doesn't stand a chance, but....

4) The average guy is going to come for the fun of it.
- Getting a big UTV get together going is usually fun... The Ave Joe will show for a UTV get together AND a race. Will he enter that race?

You have one shot a year at getting 100 UTV's to show for a race outside of Vegas. I'd love to see it happen! I don't think it's going to happen in the summer in the desert so it may be best to plan it in the winter. Plan it along side of another event that attracts folks to the area. UTV guys are weekend warriors, and are always looking to pack in as much action into 1 weekend as they can, particularly when 100's of miles of driving are involved. If your event is on Sunday, and you catch the end of SEMA, a 1 day Score event, or the Mint, you stand a chance. If I could drive 300 miles to spectate the Mint on Saturday-Day and then run over to Amargosa Satuday night for the largest gathering of UTV on that Sunday, I'd probably make the drive. Mint on Saturday, and the largest gathering of UTV on Sunday sounds like a good weekend.

Don't mind the guy in the mullet, though he's right on about the way you advertised a $10k purse.

Lorenz said:
No body knows were Amargosa, NV is.
According to my page stats, they are finding it, but I will certainly take your last comment in #1 into consideration. I will speak with the owners and we will find a way to better inform our site visitors. Thanks ;)

Lorenz said:
Your going to be hard pressed to get 100 UTV's to any race.
We are aware of this. We are just getting the track started and need to get racers attention. This will be an annual event and we expect attendance to grow for these special events.

Lorenz said:
If you have a $25k+ UTV and can run up front.
We understand this too. Since most of the cars of this caliber are in the points chase by this point in the season, or have other more pressing engagements, we don't expect to see many of them. Would be nice though :D

Mid May is not really that hot there. Temps right now are ranging in the high 70's to low 80's. Nothing compared to the old days of the Mint, or what the 1000 can hand out. I believe the Vegas to Reno is running in a bit hotter time of the year. Since there were a number of delays in pulling all of this together (real estate, financing, wind, etc...) we were hard pressed to get the word out as soon as possible. Time will allow us to better plan our events but the track is there, the facility is getting better every day, and we want people to come out and race. We built this for the racers and their families, they will come.
17+ years ago when I pitted for Bradley Racing (and a couple other smaller teams) I don't remember the races being planned around a handful of racers desires. The races were planned and mapped out, announced, and they came and raced. I still see a large number of teams driving hundreds (even thousands) of miles to race an equal if not greater distance, and willing to put up far more cash to do it, with an equal chance at a smaller purse. Don't take me the wrong way though. Your feedback is very much appreciated. All good stuff we can take into account for future planning.
As for the $10,000.00 purse, if we get 100 cars, WE WILL PAY $10,000.00! Maybe it would sound better to some if we said "$2,000.00 based on 20 cars entered. Purse goes up $1,000.00 for ever 10 more cars entered". Does that sound better? I will be talking to Clay and Troy in the morning and see how they feel about this.

The guy in the mullet? One in every crowed eh? Come on Pete, lets play nice. I would love your input on all of this as long as we can keep it polite and civil ;)

Thanks guys. Hope to see you there some time.

claywoods

Who's coming we have 6 preregister cars. We have 8 more talking about coming.
Only need 20 cars to pay first place $2000 purse goes up $100 for every car above the 20 .come on out and play its a fun track low entry fees

claywoods

Do to the heat in Amargosa we are moving the UTV national race from the 23rd to the following weekend may 30th
this will be a night race.
Sorry for any inconvenience. We need time to install all the lights. We are lighting up about have the track
So be sure to bring your lights for the back have of the track.
This will make the race very interesting
Gates will open at 4:00pm there will be some practice laps racing to start at 7:00pm.