• Forum membership has its advantages....

10/25/2012 @ 6:00 p.m. Ridgecrest, CA MEETING attendance important!

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Hope to see some fellow RDC'ers in attendance at the upcoming meeting.. Myself and one other AMA D37 member will be carpooling if any of you are interested in attending and carpooling, PM me... We will be meeting near Glen Helen then finishing the drive to Ridgecrest.

We will be reviewing the area south of the Spangler Hills Open area down to the Red Mountain Subregion. This area is commonly referred to as the Summit Range or the Sand Hills.

Now is the time for dist 37 racing to make comments and go to meetings attempting to get our C routes back. This is the one chance to fight for them. I was told in 2006 that we couldn’t have the Sand Hills because they where within 200 yards of a DWMA when in fact there 2 miles from the DWMA. The other C routes between 395 and Trona road are closer.

Here are the schedule of meetings. Remember this is the last chance. :

Carriage Inn, 901 N. China Lake Blvd., Ridgecrest CA
* Thursday, Oct. 25, 6 - 9 p.m.
* Saturday, Nov. 17, 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
Bakersfield workshop:
BLM Field Office, 3801 Pegasus Dr., Bakersfield CA
* Wednesday, Nov. 14, 6 – 9 p.m.
Jawbone workshop:
Jawbone Station Visitors Center, Hwy 14 at Jawbone Canyon Rd, Cantil, CA
* Thursday, Nov. 15, 6 – 9 p.m.

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Jenn, are these WEMO meetings or the Kern county Parks and Rec strategic planning meetings?
When WEMO was signed in 2006, they excluded the EL Paso`s and Ridgecrest areas from the plan so that people would have more time to study the access. It was called the El Paso CAPA ( Collaborative Access Planning Area ) So now the time has come to decide what trails and roads will remain open. The following is the meeting agenda.== Oct.25 6-9pm- Ridgecrest---Carriage Inn 901 China Lake Blvd.---- Nov.14 6-9pm- Bakersfield--BLM field office 3801 Pegasus Dr.-- Nov.15 6-9pm Jawbone visitor center-- Nov.17 9am-12pm - Ridgecrest--Carriage Inn.

coilover88

Thanks Jenn. It's good to have people like you inform the offroad masses that these kinds of meetings are happening. I will hopefully make the Bakersfield meeting.

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Thanks Jenn. It's good to have people like you inform the offroad masses that these kinds of meetings are happening. I will hopefully make the Bakersfield meeting.
There were about 200 people in attendance. The room was packed! Perhaps 15-20% motorcyclists, 40-50% truck and jeep people, The rest had other off-highway interest. I didn't really notice any posey sniffers. Frustrations were vented, at times heatedly! Two steps short of a riot.

coilover88

Thanks for weathering the hordes Jenn. Feels good huh? Glad you stepped up to the land use plate!