#1028 Parker 425 Race Report

ErikIrvine

Our first BITD race was anything but dull! Our team converged on Parker Thursday from WA, TX, & CA and team trainwreck was ready to race!

We started 24th out of 34 Class 10 cars and survived the first lap's choas coming out in physical 7th position after lap 1. We pitted with the rest of the Jake's Fabworks crew with our eyes set on our buddy Christian Fessler. By end of lap 2 we had closed the gap on Christian due to him getting a flat, and were physically 45 second behind him, but ahead of him on time due to our 3 min. start time difference. 3rd lap we were still chasing him, but beating him on corrected time, when we ran out of talent and rolled approx. RM100. The last 50 miles were slower then usual and we ended up 4th for the day. Awesome racing against the biggest Class 10 group we have ever raced, our pit crew was on point, and Steve Tyo our Navigator is worth every penny of the $250,000/yr. salary we pay him to race with us. Thanks JFW crew for an awesome car and thanks BITD for a safe and organized event. See you all in the dez.!

Attachments

ErikIrvine

I don't think we lost a right front but who knows!

Bro_Gill

Watch the video- That front tire is all over the place while the left keeps settled. Looks like the valving went away.

Zac Reish

The car was absolutely perfect. There’s no excuse. We were in the hunt running in 2nd with 50 miles left to go. I’m so bummed I failed the team. I got impatient knowing I was running out of miles to get the job done. Live and learn.

Congratulations to Chase Warren, Christian Fessler, and Brent Fox on making the podium.

ErikIrvine

ErikIrvine

I’m so bummed I failed the team. I got impatient knowing I was running out of miles to get the job done.
Oh come on Zac, don't be so hard on yourself. You were instructed to "Wreckers or Checkers" and technically you succeeded at both! I trust you to bring home a win more then anybody else (other then myself of course haha) and that's why we pay your $1.2M/yr. salary in addition to Steve's $250K/yr. salary!

steve0we

Truly blessed to race with two of the fastest guys in the desert. The fact that I am on payroll is like a dream come true! Getting paid to navigate a 6 hour car crash is exactly what I dreamt about as a kid!

This was a great test for our young class 10 team and it goes to show old cars can run with new cars!

I think Alumacraft had every spot but ours in the top 10.

Couldn’t do any of this without our crew, crew chief and family!

Thank you all

RacingTraX

We got an automatic Tip Alert message from you at 11:37am, I was glad to see you guys moving again shortly after so I could call off BITD support. That was a crazy race, seemed like Tip Alerts, Accelorometer Alerts and physical push Mechanical Alerts were coming in every couple of minutes. Congratulations on the finish!!!
A93CDF90-1B58-423B-BFDC-A176DBC82E68.jpeg

Baja Belk

We got an automatic Tip Alert message from you at 11:37am, I was glad to see you guys moving again shortly after so I could call off BITD support. That was a crazy race, seemed like Tip Alerts, Accelorometer Alerts and physical push Mechanical Alerts were coming in every couple of minutes. Congratulations on the finish!!! View attachment 198743

Schweers rolled too?? 5028