107F Saturday for the 500 !

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Pitted on dry lake one year 128 , just constantly drink water and wear a hat youll be fine. Its going to be 120 in Havasu this weekend. Been here 30 years and wonder why do I still live here haha. Be safe everyone

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
I've done research into fluid and electrolyte replacement due to the nature of my job and from what I've read as long as you eat a normally healthy diet, (which is lots of various vegetables and fruits, good healthy fats, and healthy protein sources) the human body can keep up with rigorous exercise and just water replacement for about 4-6 hours before needing electrolyte replacement. This is also assuming your body is accustomed to exercise in that time range.

This could get way more in depth than most on RDC care to read about and the "science" they teach in high school and most colleges is years behind the curve. I'll keep it much more simple.

Shoot for 2 water bottles an hour and eat normal meals. If you pee every 30-45 minutes, you are too hydrated and actually flushing nutrients from your system. Try to pee every 1-1.5 hours and you shouldn't see any heat related issues.

FWIW, coors light is 95% water so it won't dehydrate you as much as everyone wants you to believe. I don't condone replacing water with coors light though.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
"They" push you not to drink alcohol or caffeine laden drinks like Coke, because it dehydrates you. While it may not be great for you, it has to be better than nothing, since both are mostly water.

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
"They" push you not to drink alcohol or caffeine laden drinks like Coke, because it dehydrates you. While it may not be great for you, it has to be better than nothing, since both are mostly water.
Alcohol and caffeine are both diuretics. Generally coffee will have no net benefit. For alcohol there is a lot of debate over what % begins to be a net negative, unfortunately they are very low. Another aspect with alcohol is that it slows down the production of anti-diuretic hormones which then cause you to become dehydrated. For any runs >10 miles I make sure to have plenty of water (I drink 1 gal a day on average) and a Nuun for electrolyte replacement.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
RDC Crypto
Website
www.canonbaja.com
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1464980306.314458.jpg

117 tomorrow!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
I am amazed how many rocket scientist there are on RDC that know everything haha.. Use common sense water before and during the race. Coors light after the race simple.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
Shoot for 2 water bottles an hour and eat normal meals. If you pee every 30-45 minutes, you are too hydrated and actually flushing nutrients from your system. Try to pee every 1-1.5 hours and you shouldn't see any heat related issues.

FWIW, coors light is 95% water so it won't dehydrate you as much as everyone wants you to believe. I don't condone replacing water with coors light though.

Yes...but it really messes up the pee cycle.

RDC Crypto
I preran yesterday from Rm 254, San Felipe, where I get in tomorrow, to Ojos in the 4 seater which has a windshield and never felt hot. Rehydrated and re-tacoed in VT with Diet Coke and Carne Asada - shouldn't be a problem.

Worst thing will be waiting for the race car to come in while suited up with hard hat on.

It is cool here in Ensenada all day. Should be a wonderful race day of racing. 1027 FTW!

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
RDC Crypto
I just drove through Valle de Guadalupe. 106

Dry heat

RojoOjoRacin

RDC Crypto
Water water water, gatoraide/poweraide,water,water, water, first sign of cramps drink pickle juice. Works every Summer in Vegas working outside for me.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
I saw a picture of couple drivers with melted shoe soles too. Jergensen said they took a temp in the cab and it was 160 degrees. Not too mention it was blowing hard when we crossed Salada so the car was dancing.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Well not all of us were running out front with the "fast guys" lol

I actually saw a handful of people parked, had to figure they were playing the waiting game for powertrain to cool down. Were pretty nervous, but our little T1 held up. Cracking your shield down there felt like you were on the sun.

#makeclass5greatagain