113x is he ok

BGRANT

Reaction
I was wondering the same thing Brian. My buddy went head on with a Toyota Corolla going backwards on course 10 miles from the finish, he was [retty much OK but the bike was wasted.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I was wondering the same thing Brian. My buddy went head on with a Toyota Corolla going backwards on course 10 miles from the finish, he was [retty much OK but the bike was wasted.
I heard on the weatherman channel he had a real slow pulse and head injury and a broken leg. chopper was on the way when I had to leave the confuser I hope he got the help he needed.

fusionoffroad

Reaction
The chopper was calling for a surgeon to be ready when they got there .Low pulse,broken leg,not conscious.head trauma,I cant stop thinking about this and hope all is OK.

steviegnsc

Reaction
Man I hate to hear this stuff:mad:. Congrats to the winners, losers, fans and teams involved for another quest to tackle the Mexican deserts in 2009. I'm hoping the justice was swift and repenting for that Corolla.:cool:

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Translating the mexian thread, Says he arrvied at the hospital 40 min after the accident, had a shattered hip, broken leg, head trauma, got surgery for the hip and will be in an induced coma for a week till brain heals, hope he heels ok, attended in time it seems. A couple of drunk kids driving backwards on the course.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Is your buddy the 113x???
A couple of drunk kids driving backwards on the course.
People will never learn!!!! Stupid pieces of crap. Im sorry but Ive had my share of close calls down there and I have no tolerance for that.....:mad:
I heard the call on the Weatherman and I hope the guy is ok.

fusionoffroad

Reaction
Translating the mexian thread, Says he arrvied at the hospital 40 min after the accident, had a shattered hip, broken leg, head trauma, got surgery for the hip and will be in an induced coma for a week till brain heals, hope he heels ok, attended in time it seems. A couple of drunk kids driving backwards on the course.
Thank you for the info! much appreciated

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I was part of the group that helped BFG get the chopper site cleared. I hope he turns out ok, as a rider myself and plans to one day race a bike this stuff scares the you know what out of me. I have some piks I will post of the chopper landing later, even while we were doing a chill pace prerunning every blind corner I pretty much knew their could be a local coming 'round the corner.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I was part of the group that helped BFG get the chopper site cleared.

Were you part of the human fence post brigade?

It was a Ford ranger that ran the guy over. The bike took the drive shaft out of the truck, the Policia had to tow it to the road where they had it impounded and towed. The was a cooler full of cold ones in the back, but no empties in evidence. I'm no sure if the ride the cops gave he out was to home or to jail.

Dezertpilot

Reaction

BGRANT

Reaction
Is your buddy the 113x???

No, he was 204X. They were running 2nd. in class when some idiot took them out minutes from the finish. He was banged up but walked away.......luckily. I have no idea what happened to the driver of the car? If it was me, I would have made sure his fate was worse than mine.

lakelaurashawn

Reaction
What a terrible way to end a great race - hitting a car on the track about 10 miles from the finish. Yes, the bike is busted up pretty good - the frame is twisted, the forks are bent, the front wheel is taco'ed, radiators bent back to the engine and the water pump cracked to name a few of the issues. We are considering placing it in the race shop - a memento to the fact that racing is dangerous.

While our crash took us out of the race and may have totaled the bike, we are safe. Our thoughts, prayers and hope for a speedy recovery to the local Mexican team of 113x.

No team should have to endure the pain and suffering because some Richard Cranium wants to get a "better view". Inherently racing is dangerous. However more and more vehicular traffic going the wrong way on a course not only totals/scraps a bike, quad or truck, it could totally change a life, family and friends when personal injury is the result.

To all of you wanna be racers with a loud muffler on your Toyota, stay home and buy the video or get there the day before and camp. Don't jeopardize my life and family for your temporary personal enjoyment.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
One of Bean's chase guys (Nickname of Whitey) is a paramedic and he was the first guy to offer aid....From his description of the injuries it's amazing that he is still alive......

The broken bones had broken through his skin, he was losing blood at a lethal rate and his breathing was very shallow.....

When you read this please take a few seconds to ask God to heal him and to somehow provide some peace for his family.....

Relvsurfs

Reaction
I was part of the group that helped BFG get the chopper site cleared. I hope he turns out ok, as a rider myself and plans to one day race a bike this stuff scares the you know what out of me. I have some piks I will post of the chopper landing later, even while we were doing a chill pace prerunning every blind corner I pretty much knew their could be a local coming 'round the corner.
While i was at Ojos at the road crossing as the cars came into the corner there i saw locals and also pit crews leaving and going head on into oncoming racer traffic.. so Dangerous... we as racers and also pit and spectators need to realy use our heads and be careful ! This is a tragedy and hope he is going to be okay My prayers go out to him and his family. !

Zambo

Reaction
What a terrible way to end a great race - hitting a car on the track about 10 miles from the finish. Yes, the bike is busted up pretty good - the frame is twisted, the forks are bent, the front wheel is taco'ed, radiators bent back to the engine and the water pump cracked to name a few of the issues. We are considering placing it in the race shop - a memento to the fact that racing is dangerous.

While our crash took us out of the race and may have totaled the bike, we are safe. Our thoughts, prayers and hope for a speedy recovery to the local Mexican team of 113x.

No team should have to endure the pain and suffering because some Richard Cranium wants to get a "better view". Inherently racing is dangerous. However more and more vehicular traffic going the wrong way on a course not only totals/scraps a bike, quad or truck, it could totally change a life, family and friends when personal injury is the result.

To all of you wanna be racers with a loud muffler on your Toyota, stay home and buy the video or get there the day before and camp. Don't jeopardize my life and family for your temporary personal enjoyment.
Very true that people should not be driving around the course during a race putting racers lives in danger. However, this is Baja and it will never, never, ever change. There will always be lots of cars, spectators, booby traps, etc on the course and racers have to be ready. No amount of education, policing, or complaining about it is going to change the way it is. Racers have two choices down there. 1. Accept the risks of going fast or 2. slow down to a pace where you can react to the unknown.