12" for under $100

drtdevil93

Reaction
Re: 12\" for under $100

pat: you got all the facts right. one thing i couldnt really tell from the pic- are the springs under the axle or over? and how did you get the stock ubolt plate to work with the 3" width?

erik

drtdevil93

Reaction

and geoff: sorry dude. ive been doing like 15 hour days for a couple weeks now, so im not exactly thinking clearly lately.

while we are on the subject of ghetto fab, we had a major loss recently. my "ghetto fab" rear cage is now gone, replaced with a shiny one. i got the long travel rear in, so i just went for it all.

erik

ps maybe a cantilever is next for the rear. hmmmm...

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction

Axle is over the spring. The leafs are a hair under 3". Bolts were cocked a little. Have since replaced plate with slightly modifed one. Holes welded and redrilled. These leafs can be re-arched I assume?

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

drtdevil93

Reaction

usually no. you cant arc a spring up past where its memory is at, itll just fall back down. the only way you can get away with it is to arc it, then add a leaf with more arc to hold it up. the problem is then you stiffen the ride up. we could make a prerunner pack out of it, and you can get maybe 2inches more lift and a softer rate.

erik

toypowr

Reaction

this ? is for drtdevil93 i know this is an old post but im on a serious budget and im planning on doing this swap. i took the load leafs of my pack and they sit with a little neg. arch(the stock pack) my ?? is after i do the spring swap about how much would it run to make a prerunner pack with just a little less lift than what you said?

drtdevil93

Reaction

you might want to consider our mini pack. it is a 3 leaf pack that bolts on to your stock pack where the overload was. it gives about 1.5" of lift and 12.5" of travel. its cheap too (i dont remember the exact price, but its under $200).

if you want to go ahead and do the chevy swap, building a prerunner pack from a chevy spring will cost around 300 bucks.

erik