'12 Silverado vs 95 F150 Daily driver

Samwise

RDC Crypto
So I was planning on starting my prerunner build on my '12 Silverado and my neighbor said he would be selling his 95 F150 for around $2000, does need some T&L, but it starts and runs fine. My question is when it comes to building a prerunner that will also be a daily driver(I also have a second vehicle), is the Silverado a better option with the A-arm kit? How does the I-beam suspension handle for road use? Im fine with sacrificing DD comforts for offroad performance. This is going to be my first prerunner build, I was planning on doing long travel kit in the front and Deavers in the back and then long term goal to go 4 link. Any advice is great, I'm pretty new to prerunner builds and setups. Thanks again for the help

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

jeff

RDC Crypto
Website
www.performancelifts.com
A daily driver prerunner... I hope you work from home 🤣

All kidding aside... long travel beam trucks aren't that great to drive on the street. The F150 will be easier to fix because most of what will break won't require a computer to diagnose the problem. It will be very evident why it's not starting or not running right. The 2012 Silverado is probably a "nicer" vehicle to start with and will make a more comfortable daily driver. It will be nicer in terms of amenities and comfort right off the bat. You can make an older F150 comfortable but it takes $$$$ and time.

Aloha

LS_FAB

RDC Crypto
Everyone saying beam trucks are cheaper are not living in this century. Compare apples to apples, if you are buying a complete fully fab'd race kit to a complete fully fabbed race kit for the silverado you will spend the same amount of money. However, there are ways to make it cheaper, DIY offroad for example if you know how to weld, a ton more work but you can save cash if you have the time to build it yourself. Also, I wouldn't mind welding up a ton of DIY stuff for you and shipping on a pallet to you if that's something you're interested in. A-Arms typically handle better, most of the big name guys on beams will tell you a arms handle better, mainly in the corners. Don't get hung up on the travel numbers. A-arms have clean travel where beams have "dirty" travel.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Both are good options.
One is just much nicer/newer/has fancier gizmos/electronics.

F-150 will be down on power but an easy fix with some motor/trans work. 5.0 or 5.8, both are decent

Is 95 the year of MAF's or was it airspeed? I remember one being more preferable so something to consider.