12" Travel H2

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
12\" Travel H2

Would someone please explain how Full Tilt was able to get 12" of travel in the front and 16" of travel in the rear out of the new H2 with GM's IFS? Does it come stock that way and if so how did GM do it?

See ya in the dirt!

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Re: 12\" Travel H2

maybe they are like fabtech the got the number of inches of lift confused with wheel travel or shock shaft lenght confused with wheel travel cuz I saw it and I cant see 12"up front and 16" in the rear especially with air bags in the rear....

everyone thinks they are superman when the camera is pointed at them...untill they land!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

Is Full Tilt the arizona company that built the avalanche TT?

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Re: 12" Travel H2

The thing is in the newest issue of Off-Road magizine. It is the same set up as a Tahoe but it has airbags in the rear, really big 16" travel airbags in fact!

See ya in the dirt!

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction

Full Tilt is in San Clemente CA.

V8Ranger

Reaction

I was talking to some guy last week with a H2 and he was claiming that he was getting 16" of travel. He has dual fox's up front that showed about an 1 1/2" of shaft at ride height. It took a lot of will power not to tell him that he was full of I failed spelling.

sirhk100

Reaction

Was that white H2 in San Diego, or better yet poway? If so That thing is a joke. PG Series cut up a suburban kit and put it on. It's nothing more then drop brackets and teh normal stuff.

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

Tom_Willis

Reaction

I've noticed the race Hummers look like the King shafts have maybe 2" of uptravel too.. Strange...........

I live my life one paycheck at a time

redline

Reaction

the older chevy ifs 89-98 had 12" of travel metal to metal but you would brake cvs if you tried to run it like that. maybe that is how the company is measuring the travel

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

They werent working too good at Thanksgiving.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Re: 12" Travel H2

"the older chevy ifs 89-98 had 12" of travel metal to metal"

My 98 chevy has 9" of travel metal to bumpstop. Your not including the bumpstop right? I dont think so just double checking.

What do you drive redline?

V8Ranger

Reaction

Actually it was a black one but it was from the same shop. I got quite a kick out of talking to the people. The guy i talked to was either the owner or an employee there and he obviously didn't know much. Sad thing is probably 9 out of 10 H2 customers probably won't know he's full of crap.

rdc

Reaction

WELL THE GUY COULD BE LIKE THE ONE HERE THAT LOWERED HIS H2 SOME PEOPLE I SWEAR

rdc

Reaction

Alot of people dont know what they are talking about who work at shops. Back in the day around when I first got my truck lifted I went to truck toys in irvine and john the owner said he would allign it for free. So he left it up to the "alignment tech" well the alignment tech couldnt get it allign. Later when I looked at the tires they where pointing out soooooo bad like my truck wanted to rip apart when I drove it. He was only adjusting the toe in toe out on the steering. He now is the allignment tech at 4wheel parts. Some people just have no common sense. Now I take my truck to clarks house of suspension in lake forest he does a great job.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

Thats what you get for taking it to 4 wheel "mass produced" parts.

See ya in the dirt!