#1246 buggy

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
I was out in ocotillo thursday night and I saw a white and blue buggy its number was 1246 and the drivers name was mark st.john I think. It was really nice and I was wondering if anyone knew what im talking about or has any info on it thanks

mgobaja

Reaction
I believe it is a car run at some of the FUD races. It's a Kernco as far as I know. The same people who built Adam Panfkuch ( spelling ) 1/2-1600 car.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
Maybe his name was Rick St.John (my friend just said that she thinks it was)..it was like 1 o clock in the morning and raining and he was jumping next to me so i only saw it for like 2 split seconds. I also saw a truggy out there.

michael_loomis

Reaction
rick st john has a car like you described , yes it is a kernco , and i think that 1246 was the last number they ran.

frankh

Reaction
He ran score a couple of years back, Have not seen him for awhile. I don't know if they have a site. The baja shop guys were going to take there truggy out. But I would bet there were more then just one out there.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
RIck St John built the buggy along with the motor and transmission, he is part of the K.I.T. crew. He did run some Score races but no longer has a partner to race with so has taken it easy this year. I do not know if there is a K.I.T. website, the link from Score was not working last time I checked, but there are some people from that team that are Race-Dezert members that might be able to help you out.

martininsocal

Reaction
If you want to see pics of the KIT crew and their cars, just go to "That Pizza Place" in Carlsbad. Mike Pfancuch ownes it. He was one of the original KIt guys until he messed up his back in the black cloud 10 car they ran awhile back. Larry Kern (Larry's Tractor Service) is the guy who startde the cars. He modified the Chenowth Chassis to be a little bigger in the drivers areas and it just grew from there. Lots of good drivers come out of the group because the kids start driving the family 4 seaters early, like 11 or 12 years old.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

kurt

Reaction
Victor - I bought Rick's 5-1600 a few years back, would be interested in seeing some of the videos you might have.

Josh and Martin pretty much got the story right, Rick built a 12 car, ran a few races, lost his partner, been busy helping the KIT racers, etc., probably was him in Occotillio. Haven't talked to him since shortly after this years Parker 400 so can't say for sure.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
I raced with Dave Hendricks in Ricks 5-16 in the 96 baja 1000.We got stuck and lost our clutch before the minny summit at the SAND DUNE.I pulled the moter changed the clutch.We got 5 or 7 in class that was to la paz.Small world

kurt

Reaction
Dennis - Small world indeed! Too funny that having pitted together, shared a post-race beverage or two, etc., only to find out here that my car is the one you took to La Paz in 96!!! Well if I ever need to change the clutch I'll know who to call. Later - kurt

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
here are some pics from the 12 car
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com/rickstjohn/album1.html>http://www.stuck-throttle.com/rickstjohn/album1.html</A>

ill look for the 5-1600 photos next