#138 the real story

BajaBlack

Reaction
well....................as i look at my comp[uter all i can do is laf......people on this site need give"there" report on" there" trucks not what they think happend to others .........so as i ve come to do.... i will give are story..................." march 27".....the day we got the truck back from the painter we stated the task of putting the truck together....."nine days to the race"..we worked 18 to 24 hours a day to put it to gether.....wel had some fabing to do..and alot of bolts to go though...with a lot of luv and little sleep....we came to the desert late friday night......once again with no prerunning...we had to do a little testing fri. night......."sorry if you were asleep" we had to do it .......as for the suff said on here...here is what happend...."first lap"we had a good start and were running .....some were around check one we lost the breaks......pinch a line....went a little ferther and lost the power steeringand the sway bare heim snaped and lost the sway bar...maid it around to the pit and fixed the breaks and the leak on the stearing....we were going to call it a day but after one lap but who could stop after all that work so we went on.....had two more steady laps....we came in to the pit at the end of lap three...and made a driver change......we got in the truck and started the second half of the race ....the motor started poping down pit row and lost a coil...changed to the back up and got going again....started down to the first road crossing and the motor started poping again....next thing you know.....we ere getting spayed in the face with water.....pulled to the side got out looked at the problem opened a pack of smokes lite two and called for a tow....we had broke the crank ballencer which took out the water pump......as for the oil on the rear it WAS NOT from the shocks it was the over flow from the sump....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND AS FOR GETTING OUT OF THE WAY....we were running to finish the race not to do one lap....that tt. truck was hauling A** but i knew i would not see it agian......and i was wondering what happend to the yellow tuck i never seen it....so if the crew reads this let us know what happend....as for all crews should state what happend in there words......my god it was cold out there....but we had fun.....
thanks to all the people that helped and put on the race ........

thanks to the sponsers

Vangorden raceing ....
Taco Bell.....
King shocks........
Beard seats ....
First class pizza.....,....
Brain....the transmission guy
and all the poeple that help us do what we do.......

we all love to race the desert and try to make it fun for all....so as for the slower classes dont be scared of us we do have respect for all racers.......in less you make your own problems!!!!!!
thank you Race-Dezert for giveing us a place to report "are story".....

see you all in june
Tommy
"The Black Sheep"

"The Black Sheep"..............

martininsocal

Reaction
Hey Tommy- You have respect for all the racers in the DEz, except when you are making noise, banging hammers and revving engines at 3AM the night before a race? And the statement that you guys don't even know aho is in your pits, so you aren't responsible for their behavior sucks! Yes, we were there, yes, we heard the guy say if we don't have a gun, F&*k @ff. , and yes, we were the ones who found you buddy unconscious out in the dez after he crashed his quad and called for the medics. You guys showed real class.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

BajaBlack

Reaction
as for you....did you hear me say that stuff.......no.......as for the people in our pit....we..."the baja shop " did not hear nothing about a gun...or what ever you are saying..........there is alot of people who come to are pit we cant control all the people that likes us....i said sorry for the noise...and if you are ever in the late running to the race .......dont test the night before.....sence you were so botherd by it......thank you for helping jeff.....he is ok now........ill get back to you about the gun thing.........thats bulls**t........

"The Black Sheep"..............<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaBlack on 04/06/03 04:50 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

drtdevil93

Reaction
if you havent been around the baja shop guys during a race, let me inform you. there is about 20 guys that go out there on their own and help out. there are a whole bunch more that come over and hang out. i was there when the chick from 738 came over and told AJ about it. there are in reality about 8 guys from baja shop, the others are on their own. this lady is telling AJ he is supposed to be responsible for all these people, and can get kicked out of a race for someone who cant be identified. come on, thats crap. she was just bent and wanted to vent to someone. i guess AJ needs to put a fence up around his pit, and make everyone that comes in sign a contract promising they wont make a comment to someone else.
you want to know whats messed up? during the race AJ was low on fuel, so he pulled into a pit to borrow a gallon or two so he could get back to his pit, and no one would give it to him. thats crap!! racers are suppposed to help other racers out. after lap 3, i decided to call it quits, and mark and keith growe came in to my pit and offered help to get me to do the last lap. now, the truck was done for the day, and so was i, but still they at least offered it, and thats the way its supposed to be.

erik

martininsocal

Reaction
Erik- If you guys can't be responsible for the folks in your pits, then don't have them there. As far as racing, everyone who is involved with your team is a representative and can cause your team to become disqualified if they violate competition rules. Being told "tough" for the noise is B.S. YOu guys coulda done that stuff away from the campsites without any sweat. As for help, you ask and we always do and will, that goes for anyone. I have gone out when none of the cars I am involved with and sat at the roughest part of the course just to help anyone who needs help. You guys know what common courtesey is. Having Dirt Bikes roost dirt into campsites, etc... is not cool. And don't give me some line about them not being you guys, you loaded the bikes onto your trailer after the race. The reason I put this up here is because when someone confronted you gays at the race, she was blown off like she didn't matter. So here maybe a little peer pressure will help. Just be cool. As the saying goes, "Do unto others..."

If your gonna go, go BIG

drtdevil93

Reaction
excuse me? i wasnt pitted with baja shop, i was pitted 100 yards up course. i went to sleep at about 11:30, as i was exhausted from working til midnight on my truck for the last 3 weeks. i went over and hung out with them later, cause my co-driver wanted to sleep, and i was a little restless. "she was blown off like she didnt matter"- we were loading the truggy on the trailer and some chick comes bitchin to us about something we didnt have anything to do with. AJ is always under a lot of pressure, so after an extremely long week he wasnt courteous to some chick bitchin at him, come on!!! just kill this right now, its not gonna go anywhere good from here.

erik

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I remeber fireworks 250 96 or 97 I was running the fair main pit it was so much fun .the idiots had rented a uhaul and decided to try and tear it up it went on almost all nite alot of people were mad but I had one of the best times watching them. you know we`re only out there once in awhile I`m not that old that I can`t go without one nights sleep even if I`m racing the next day. half the time I can`t sleep anyways because I`m afraid if I do I might not wake up on time.and I know all about finishing the cars or trucks late thats how we got are name by working on the truck by the lite of the bonfire the nite before the race I`m sure they didn`t mean for the trucky to be unfinished when they got there.AJ is a good guy and does have a bunch of people that like to watch what their doing but that dosn`t make him responsable for all of them.

Desert_Roller

Reaction
The Baja Shop has a big following. At the MDR Wild Wash 250 the truggy pitted at main and was swarmed with spectators. As the guys worked on the truggy I was doing crowd control to keep them out of the way. AJ's core group is a great bunch of people. I'm sure any trouble comes from people outside of that group. At main pit for any MDR race you have goofballs doing stupid things, if you want peace and quite, main is not the place.

martininsocal

Reaction
there are lines . As I said, I understood the late pit set-up. The fun rides in the truggy and prerunner till 3 am were excessive. As for the not baja shop guys...then why did they load the bikes up on their trailer?

If your gonna go, go BIG

drtdevil93

Reaction
why was i loading the bikes up on the trailer? cause AJ is my friend, what does it matter? i was helping someone do something, that makes me guilty of something? dude, get off your high horse for a second here. i was pitted up near T&J's like i said before, about a 100 yards away from baja shop's pit, i walked over there to see if they were staying the night, they were packing it all up, so i helped them load the stuff up, they left, and i went back to my camp.
my transmission broke the day before the race, and i didnt get the new one until about 8:30 PM. it went right in without any real problems. if it didnt, and i had to work on it til 3 in the morning to get it to work, i would have, and if the people next to me complained, i would have told them ill try to keep the noise down, but im getting the thing put together come hell or high water. i know AJ thinks the same way. im also guessing when the person told them to keep quiet, they probably were aggravated, and probably werent the most polite in their request (speculation, i know). heres the thing, it was one stupid little incident, nothing to still be complaining about days later. if this had made you decide you dont like the baja shop guys, i say thats your decision, but you are missing out, cause they are really good people.

erik

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Its the desert I dont think there is a noise law lol....I think that if someone gets there Friday night and has to test that people should understand because we all have done it at one time.

You dont goto a race and expect it to be a quiet night on the beach of Mexico.

Go Big Or Go Home

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
personally i didnd mind the truggy going up main all night long i was just wondering who it was and how the hell they could be out there considering how freaking cold it was just standing around let alone riding or driving at any speed.

frankh

Reaction
Well I'm sure there is some type of noise law just like Glamis but that would be by the BLM. MDR has a 11:00 cutoff on the main pit road ( it is posted when you sign up). It is more of a common courtesy thing then anything else. I know last year when we had a party with a DJ I let everyone that parked next to us know about it so no one got mad.

Reaction
Wait just a minute guys................Let's all slow down and breath 5 deep times before we go any further! This is "the chick from 738", one of the owners of the team. Yes, I made the comment, I am sitting here now, looking at the heated energy going around in circles and thinking, "WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! Boy am I sorry I EVER even questioned the comments!" I was tired, as were we ALL at that race, and I think the tiredness just kinda' got the better of me and caused my mouth to open, which..................I have come to find tonight..............Has bitten me in the ASS BIG! I am so sorry for any ill feelings, never meant to cause any of this! Our whole team and pit crew wishes you and everyone else for that matter nothing but greatness and success in your future racing endeavours! I hope we can all meet again on a better foot!
Signed,
"The Tired Bitch (lol)" and the 738 Pit Crew

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
My 2 cents.

Its the desert and its gonna be loud. The sound of the truggy running up and back made me sleep even deeper, what a great sound a built V-8 makes. If people dont want to hear noise, stay in a hotel or take up Golf. The desert will always have people riding/driving all hours of the night. That is why they are out there.

drtdevil93

Reaction
738 chick- exactly what i think, it was an unfortunate thing to happen, but there shouldnt be hard feelings between anyone, and if there were, they certainly shouldnt last long. racers need to stick together, we have enough enemies as it is.

erik

desertracer

Reaction
I agree with the point about the noise being annoying but you have to think about it, the whole reason we are out there is to race. If racers were not as determined to work all hours of the night to finish a car or truck, there would be no races to enjoy. We often feel bad starting up a generator early in the morning with the fear of waking people up, but we are out there to do one thing, race, and if people cannot respect that fact maybe they need to move away to a more remote location. In the best circumstances all racers have there cars ready way before the race but every now and then crap happens which means you have to do whatever it takes to be ready, even running your car into the night. Just my opinion.

MDR Class 1

frankh

Reaction
Well I was just stating facts, if MDR has a 11:00 cut-off for the race course there must be a reason. I just thought we "all" had to play by the rules. Maybe it is part of the permit with the BLM. but who are we to ? it.

Outhouseracing

Reaction
U know i see it as being OPEN LAND so what if the baja shop was testing late they had no choice at least the showed up and raced, and as far as info on there race thats what i was told in the pits?? I see nothing wrong with testing your car u know its MAIN pit u know theres alot of people if u dont like then what can u do?? Baja shop, u guys have a huge group i could only wish for a crew is big as yours when we raced..

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
You know, some friends of mine that like to go to glamis during big holidays, know that if you are going there, you are more than likely to hear motors and people all night, this bothers them, so to solve this, they camp farther out, they go knowing to expect the unexpected, and a Desert race is not at all different. But all of this doesn't matter, it is over with, and I think we need to argue with the TREE HUGGERS instead of cutting each other down, they are the FUTURE problem, all of this was the PAST and nothing can be done to fix it, unless you are Micheal J Fox. And what kind of system is desert racing if trys to eat itself at every opportunity?

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."