1400 trucks

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Dan I know of a couple trucks that no longer race with MORE because their truck isn`t legal and I recieved an E-mail from another that has a truck that has raced with MORE but because of this rule it is a race by race vote in.I would like to see all vehicles welcomed at MORE and the 1400 class will still be fun to watch fiberglass or steel.We at MORE don`t have a heavy metal class so I`m trying to make some adjustments to the classes we have.I`m also working on bringing in some purse money to the class and think the racers will like that.:)

SpeedBump

Reaction
Dan I know of a couple trucks that no longer race with MORE because their truck isn`t legal and I recieved an E-mail from another that has a truck that has raced with MORE but because of this rule it is a race by race vote in.

Bill, are these 3 trucks not legal in any class except TT or are they llegal class 7 and class 8 trucks?

Blackmutt

Reaction
Bill, regardless of what you end up with for 1400, please leave the 1450 rules alone. The disparity in lap times between the current classes warrants keeping the leaf versus link split.

SpeedBump

Reaction
I know of a couple trucks that no longer race with MORE because their truck isn`t legal and I recieved an E-mail from another that has a truck that has raced with MORE but because of this rule it is a race by race vote in.

What class did the first 2 trucks race in at MORE? Were they originally door slammers?
MORE has had the door slammer rule since we started racing with MORE in 2005.

My guess is the last truck is Josh Thompson BITD Class 8 truck.

john92223

Reaction
I started my truck build just before the demise of MDR. I was following their rules, fortunatly I had no plans of a tube chassis. My cage was built and I had purchased a fiberglass body. Then the unfortunate accident happened. So I turned to M.O.R.E. and read their rules. It stated steel cab and working doors. This is about the same time as all the stink that was going on last year about the fiberglass bodies. OK ,no problem, sold my glass body and started making a steel cab fit. I guess the point I am trying to make here is you keep talking about the trucks already racing, but what about the trucks out there that are in the process of being built. I don't have an unlimited check book and if people keep trying to change the rules every year I will never get it done.

sullyman

Reaction
Oh, and you will bring it to Jerry.... Can't wait.

Good Knight Racing

Reaction
Alright guys I think I got a base to start out with for rules again.Please don`t beat me up too bad.:D I want to allow both steel and fiberglass cabs in class 1400 Only.
rule #1 Must retain factory frame from engine cross member to rear of cab.(NO full tube frames)

rule #2 if running fiberglass you Must retain the factory floor,front and rear firewalls and have a metal roof over the occupants.

I dont think that will work Bill most of the 1400 trucks have modified there firewall and made new ones to drop in v8 and make the tires fit. I would think over 50% of the trucks have custom firewalls.

WFODAN

Reaction
Website
www.chaosfab.com
I dont think that will work Bill most of the 1400 trucks have modified there firewall and made new ones to drop in v8 and make the tires fit. I would think over 50% of the trucks have custom firewalls.

This was all hashed out for years and years. That's why the MDR rules were written the way they were. All TWO of them. Firewall, Frame, Floor, Track width, Engine displacement, Tire Size, Wheel Travel, Etc... None of them can be in the rules in a class that is so diverse. Each truck is so different, that the only way to level the playing field without excluding a vast number of racers, while keeping the basis of the class, was with the cab and doors rules.

The 2009 MDR Rules that Jerry posted are a good start.

Jack

Reaction
This was all hashed out for years and years. That's why the MDR rules were written the way they were. All TWO of them. Firewall, Frame, Floor, Track width, Engine displacement, Tire Size, Wheel Travel, Etc... None of them can be in the rules in a class that is so diverse. Each truck is so different, that the only way to level the playing field without excluding a vast number of racers, while keeping the basis of the class, was with the cab and doors rules.

The 2009 MDR Rules that Jerry posted are a good start.

So you must have a steel cab, but not the fire wall? So it this can be changed, I guess the rest of the cab can be changed? No problem replacing then just use flat sheets and make a box.

Jcampat53

Reaction
"I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Rule one: Cab and working doors
Rule two: 2/3 or 51% of frame
You're welcome. The original rules.

rockpiledriver

Reaction
Website
www.rcpcrawlers.com
I guess the point I am trying to make here is you keep talking about the trucks already racing, but what about the trucks out there that are in the process of being built. I don't have an unlimited check book and if people keep trying to change the rules every year I will never get it done.

This!

Our unfinished truck (steel cab) just had the firewall removed. Sure would have been nice to know the rules would not be changed after the fact.

Another vote for no changes!

pimpintacoma

Reaction
They will be close to those but there wont be any full tube fiberglass trucks allowed.

Will this finally allow me to race my single cab tacoma stock toyota V-6 with the supercharger in the MORE 1400 series BILL?
Right now I have planned to run the HDRA series as they allow my v-6 supercharged, but would love to race MORE instead.
I dont want to race 5 trucks in my class I want to race 25-50 like the old days.
This is the only way my 218HP v-6 can keep up with all these small blocks out there.
Even supercharged it will be happy to hit 300HP which is still low compared to many.
I have wanted to race the MORE series for a long time now but that has held me back.
I really hope you stick to only steel cab and functional doors as I have built all my truck several times around these rules and know many others time and time again that have done the same.

WFODAN

Reaction
Website
www.chaosfab.com
So you must have a steel cab, but not the fire wall? So it this can be changed, I guess the rest of the cab can be changed? No problem replacing then just use flat sheets and make a box.

I have a steel cab, firewall, floor, rear wall, etc.. It is all one piece so nothing comes off besides the doors without being cut off. I don't get your question.

Wadsworth Motorsports

Reaction
My truck was built using a steel cab......because those were the rules. It seems black and white to me. I vote no rule changes.

DEZERT DUCK

Reaction
Will this finally allow me to race my single cab tacoma stock toyota V-6 with the supercharger in the MORE 1400 series BILL?
Right now I have planned to run the HDRA series as they allow my v-6 supercharged, but would love to race MORE instead.
I dont want to race 5 trucks in my class I want to race 25-50 like the old days.
This is the only way my 218HP v-6 can keep up with all these small blocks out there.
Even supercharged it will be happy to hit 300HP which is still low compared to many.
I have wanted to race the MORE series for a long time now but that has held me back.
I really hope you stick to only steel cab and functional doors as I have built all my truck several times around these rules and know many others time and time again that have done the same.

now i wanna ask this question....why did MORE decide to not allow forced induction???? can this rule be changed back???? would be nice for us guys with stock 6cyl to get a little more HP to keep up with the build V8's, i think it would make for better racing.....Bill can you address this????

SpeedBump

Reaction
If you want to make rules to accomodate your buddies then that is fine(your comment in another thread where someone talked about a glass cab "Don't worry I know a tech guy at MORE") but don't BS us like you are doing it for the class to grow or progress.

Bill, please help me understand your goal.
What trucks are you trying to accommodate by changing the MORE class 1400 rules?

Are they racers that are tired of racing against just a couple (or less) of others and want to race in a large field?