1450's at Perris

FCORR

RDC Crypto
The track was a lot of fun, we had trouble keeping up with our bone stock 22RE, ended up finishing 4th however.

LORENZ

RDC Crypto
Fish,

Fill in the blanks if you can... Dan has had a lot of power plants in that thing over the years...

3.4 Toyota Supercharged
3.4 Toyota Supercharged take 2
v8
4.o Toyota Stock

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto
Yeah it was a really fun race, we ended up with the 2nd place finish and correct me if im wrong but there were 9 1450 trucks that started the main event

Greg

RDC Crypto
Website
prerunners.com
Fish,

Fill in the blanks if you can... Dan has had a lot of power plants in that thing over the years...

3.4 Toyota Supercharged
3.4 Toyota Supercharged take 2
v8
4.o Toyota Stock

Started life with a s/c 3.4
then went to a normally aspirated 3.4 (O/A the '06 MDR night race with this motor)
Went with a couple variations of a 302 Ford and t-5/t-56 combo (best was a nice 347 or 331 with good heads, truck was very fast...but didnt like to stay running long)
Back to Toyota power with a take-out 4.0 and 6sp manual box

FCORR

RDC Crypto
Couldn't make it out, how many 1450's ended up racing AJ?

Yeah it was a really fun race, we ended up with the 2nd place finish and correct me if im wrong but there were 9 1450 trucks that started the main event

Yup, 10 entries, 1 DNS. The 9 starters all started the main as well...

Definitely a good time, but I think we've got a 3.4 lined up...better watch out! haha

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto
will the 3.4 be in by the DRIVE race? i hope so, and yeah Herrera got 2nd physically but they didnt record it cuz of transponder issues.

FCORR

RDC Crypto
will the 3.4 be in by the DRIVE race? i hope so, and yeah Herrera got 2nd physically but they didnt record it cuz of transponder issues.

Unfortunately not, the plan is to collect parts throughout the year. The biggest gap in our schedule is between the Night Race in August and the Glen Helen race in December. So it will probably go under the knife in late August hopefully....

LORENZ

RDC Crypto
Started life with a s/c 3.4
then went to a normally aspirated 3.4 (O/A the '06 MDR night race with this motor)
Went with a couple variations of a 302 Ford and t-5/t-56 combo (best was a nice 347 or 331 with good heads, truck was very fast...but didnt like to stay running long)
Back to Toyota power with a take-out 4.0 and 6sp manual box

Whats the story beind the individual v8's? Is the 4.0 toyota motor comparable in power or was it a healthy step down?

On paper it sounds like he went backwards, what did the change feel like in the seat of the pants going from the v8 to the aluminum v6? I would think he shaved off a couple hundred pound in the change back to the v6, and he can race 7200 with the smaller package as well.

Were ya at Dan? Your fan club is calling.:D

WFODAN

RDC Crypto
Website
www.chaosfab.com
The V8s were a good idea on paper, but just didn't last in the truck for some reason. Went threw a few builders and just couldn't get one to run for more than about 500 miles. Everything from a stock 302 up to a nicely powered 331. About six motors total and none lived. None blew up the same either though. In the end we went back to the reliable Toyota power and have only had one dnf with it, but that was due to a clutch disc spinning the center out of itself. It was at Primm so there wasn't enough time to change it out and continue with the heat race.

As for a step up or down.... The 4.0 that is in the truck now is the best feeling stock V6 I have ever ran. It will outrun the super charged 3.4s anyday. As for the V8 vs. the 4.0 Toyota V6, of course the V8 had more power. The strongest 331 I had did just over 400 hp on the dyno. This motor only has about 220. Top end isn't much different, but the V8 got the truck there faster. All in all I am happy with the 4.0 and plan on putting it in a more short course specific truck I am prepairing to build. I figure it will be about 1300 pounds lighter than the current truck, so it should move along pretty good. As for the current truck. It should be getting some more hp soon enough so I will let you know how it is when it's done.

JoeyD23

RDC Crypto
Website
www.UTVUnderground.com
Either way you put on a clinic out there Dan!!! Great Job!!

M4SXRD2215.jpg